Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
popped out a quick 9 holes at lunch time as i get an extra 30 mins as part of our "wellness Wednesday" and got stuck behind a 2 ball who decided that playing a scramble was a good idea even though they slowed up the whole course.

there was only 1 shot that i didn't wait on and they had zero intention of letting me play through despite falling 2 holes behind.

Also those members who think the "no trollies" and playing off the tee mats doesn't apply to them

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In a similar vein, watching any Rick Shiels course blog video and his producer must say "money" or "golf shot" everytime Rick hits a decent shot (so probably at least once every other hole) - I've stopped listening to the podcast as I find him quite annoying (I don't mind Rick)

Watching the Floridian video was good but the way RS kept finding other ways of saying ‘be good’ like ‘be amazing’ or ‘be unbelievable’ was nails down the chalkboard

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to say it, but playing with the Seniors... I'd sort of vowed not to bother anymore, but was tempted by todays competion. It was so slow, and was waiting on every shot. Will have to renew the vow.

(And I know not all seniors are slow - but ours are...)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All these YuoTubers, coaches and the media in general are always telling us that the gap between your driver and your longest iron is the hardest to fill
So they concentrate on reviews of Drivers, irons and wedges and leave the fairways and hybrids almost as a throwaway right at the end....:mad:

Teebs

Visit site
All these YuoTubers, coaches and the media in general are always telling us that the gap between your driver and your longest iron is the hardest to fill
So they concentrate on reviews of Drivers, irons and wedges and leave the fairways and hybrids almost as a throwaway right at the end....:mad:

I'm still awaiting a decent review of the G430 Hybrid. Tons of drivers reviews, hybrids? Nothing of note. So much recycled garbage on YT now, especially new launch reviews where the level of detail is just woeful

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have been to the local range a few times over the holidays and have enjoyed it.

They have top tracer in half the bays, it was £8 for a hundred balls, first come, first served for TT. They also do a voucher book, 10 x 100 for £55.

Went up at early this morning, planning to get a voucher book, figuring it would be quiet and I'd get a TT bay no problem.

They have now changed their pricing, TT is now £10 for 100 balls. I tell the guy I'd like to buy a voucher book, and ask if it includes the TT bays? He says sorry, no. I ask if I buy a voucher book, can I then just pay the normal £2 difference for TT? He says no, but there is a new voucher book for TT. I ask how much? He says they are £100 - so £10 per 100 balls - would I like to buy one? Erm, no thanks.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Have been to the local range a few times over the holidays and have enjoyed it.

They have top tracer in half the bays, it was £8 for a hundred balls, first come, first served for TT. They also do a voucher book, 10 x 100 for £55.

Went up at early this morning, planning to get a voucher book, figuring it would be quiet and I'd get a TT bay no problem.

They have now changed their pricing, TT is now £10 for 100 balls. I tell the guy I'd like to buy a voucher book, and ask if it includes the TT bays? He says sorry, no. I ask if I buy a voucher book, can I then just pay the normal £2 difference for TT? He says no, but there is a new voucher book for TT. I ask how much? He says they are £100 - so £10 per 100 balls - would I like to buy one? Erm, no thanks.

Its around the same price here too. £10 gets you an hour and 100 balls... 100 balls takes me more than an hour if I'm practicing properly though! I end up whacking a lot towards the end just to get through them before the time runs out!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Its around the same price here too. £10 gets you an hour and 100 balls... 100 balls takes me more than an hour if I'm practicing properly though! I end up whacking a lot towards the end just to get through them before the time runs out!

I just find it bizarre that the normal £8 per 100 for a non-TT bay is discounted to £5.50 if you buy a voucher book, but there is no discount at all if you buy the equivalent voucher book for TT. Supply and demand I suppose.

sjw

Visit site

You're timed??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
You're timed??

Absolutely! Its not at my club, its a standalone range and golf shop about 10 minutes from its nearest golf course.

Its the only range with TT and floodlights for quite some distance though, no other clubs in Worcester have one! Highly in demand!

sjw

Visit site
Wow, guess I'm lucky then. Three ranges with 20-25 mins of me, two of them are TT and you just pay for balls.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Tada

11.JPG

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Wow, guess I'm lucky then. Three ranges with 20-25 mins of me, two of them are TT and you just pay for balls.

There's plenty of ranges around, I think every club bar Worcestershire Golf and Country Club has one (but they do have very good practice facilities) - At this time of year none of them will be making much revenue though as the floodlit/ TT range is the only place you can go in an evening! Makes me wonder why others aren't following suit!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There's plenty of ranges around, I think every club bar Worcestershire Golf and Country Club has one (but they do have very good practice facilities) - At this time of year none of them will be making much revenue though as the floodlit/ TT range is the only place you can go in an evening! Makes me wonder why others aren't following suit!

there are 5 ranges within a 20 min drive of me and they all have either TT or Trackman

D

Deleted member 15344

The rain ?

Seems like someone doesn’t want people to play Saturday mornings , heavy rain again forecast for this Saturday

Greenstaff must be tearing their hair out with these constant downpours

Oh well won’t be long until it’s too hot

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The rain ?

Seems like someone doesn’t want people to play Saturday mornings , heavy rain again forecast for this Saturday

Ours has been closed since Sunday, Saturday's rain was horrendous, but we still went out as knowing it would close Sunday and seeing the forecast, we didn't know when it would open again.

Every time it looks as if it may dry a little down comes more rain, Incy Wincy spider must be less than pleased. Yesterday's unscheduled downpour was biblical. I was taking the grandchildren home from school, and they ventured out from under the golf brolly, then ran back under frightened and saying how it hurt them.

Today was supposed to be dry, guess what?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The rain ?

It’s getting boring now. Supposed to be playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday is already cancelled and I don’t hold out much hope for Saturday and Sunday either.