Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i snuck out for a game on Wednesday afternoon and despite a big sign on the clubhouse door stating no trollies there were about half a dozen knuckle draggers using trollies.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
i snuck out for a game on Wednesday afternoon and despite a big sign on the clubhouse door stating no trollies there were about half a dozen knuckle draggers using trollies.
I played at public course last weekend, I'd booked it through an app, and they didn't bother contacting us to say it was carry only. My mate turned up with his trolley bag and trolley, he doesn't carry if he can help it because he has had an operation on his right shoulder. The club didn't have a carry bag he could borrow or anything so he had to carry his trolley bag with the one strap for the whole round. He had tried to sneak on with the trolley but the pro caught him so maybe that's why they refused to lend him a bag. :LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hitting balls on the range, couple of practice swings before each shot with the driver trying to stop myself from swaying, hit it and there in the middle of the range an old dear with her little dog. The mind boggles. Just wondered across not a care innthe world.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hitting balls on the range, couple of practice swings before each shot with the driver trying to stop myself from swaying, hit it and there in the middle of the range an old dear with her little dog. The mind boggles. Just wondered across not a care innthe world.

Did you hit them?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 under today after 10 holes, 2 birdies and the rest pars. Then it rained and everything got soaked. Could barely keep hold of the clubs afterwards and did well to finish 4 over. ?

Crumplezone

Visit site
I played at public course last weekend, I'd booked it through an app, and they didn't bother contacting us to say it was carry only. My mate turned up with his trolley bag and trolley, he doesn't carry if he can help it because he has had an operation on his right shoulder. The club didn't have a carry bag he could borrow or anything so he had to carry his trolley bag with the one strap for the whole round. He had tried to sneak on with the trolley but the pro caught him so maybe that's why they refused to lend him a bag. :LOL:

I have never know a club make it easy to find out what winter restrictions they have in place. They never seem to publish it on their web site or social media. I turned up at one place the other week to find out that 7 holes were closed.

D-S

Visit site
I have never know a club make it easy to find out what winter restrictions they have in place. They never seem to publish it on their web site or social media. I turned up at one place the other week to find out that 7 holes were closed.
Most clubs around here have a course status button on the front page of their website where you can see restrictions on buggies, trollies etc and holes open etc.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I would suggest that any club that has a website will have the info somewhere...you may need to look quite hard for it sometimes though....
I've just been looking at a few local clubs and they vary from "right up front" with the status or " its here, tucked away in a filing cabinet in a locked basement marked Beware of the Leopard"...much like info about membership and visitor fees....