Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Supposed to play the winter comp at Nairn Dunbar this morning. Got a load of emails at 8am from the others all wanting to.pull out as it was raining hard in Nairn. So we all cancelled only for it to clear up by 9.30 and be sunny the rest of the day ☹️?
Try this. I have it on my laptop.

https://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall

It is the most accurate forecast I have ever seen not only accurately forecasting when but quantity as well. It only forecasts 3 hours ahead so useless for the next day, but it would have been ideal in your case.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow. I bet he was called some names. :LOL: I did manage two birdies but the rest of it was a bit chaotic..
Not at all. He was a very popular and well respected chap, sadly no longer with us. Just happened to have one of those days and everyone was delighted for him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not at all. He was a very popular and well respected chap, sadly no longer with us. Just happened to have one of those days and everyone was delighted for him.
Amazing, I would love to know how he did it or witness it. The 14th for example is back to being a 75 yard hole at the moment while they're building the new green - I hit a lovely pitch onto the front of the green which shot 15 feet up in the air and into the OB ditch at the back. :LOL: Wasn't much we could do with that one. The 6th was fun as well, I hit a pretty nicely struck wedge to the front of the green, two huge hops and it finished on the high bank behind the green, haha.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Amazing, I would love to know how he did it or witness it. The 14th for example is back to being a 75 yard hole at the moment while they're building the new green
He did it when the 14th was a par 4 and measured its full intimidating 260 yards ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got 2nd round match of Winter Singles K/O booked for coming Sunday. As current holder I‘m keen to do well, but in frozen conditions and temps, my short game, being by far the strongest aspect of my game, is rather neutered…what a pain, though maybe as weather looks warmer next week I will see if we can rearrange as chance back on greens.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf youtube shorts ...... Always get back into youtube golf this time of year, but seems like they want to make easy quick cash and the quality of content drops.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think they also a few years ago changed the ProV 1 x and ProV1 spin round so now an x spins more than the 1, this wasn’t the case earlier.

When those versions came out Titleist sent 3 V1 and 3 V1x. To be honest I could barely tell the difference in actual play between each model whereas previously there was a lot of difference between each one.

You are correct in that if you read the technical blurb they had switched the characteristics around.

Reactions: D-S

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really an irritation but an observation.

We played a Seniors comp yesterday and the winner shot 42 points
as a guide to the rest the PCC was plus 3.

Usual thawing ice problems - land the ball on the green and it was likely to go out the back, land it a foot short and it stopped dead.

D-S

Visit site
Been on the waiting list for Country Membership at Saunton for several years. Just had the email to say I am in!

Now sat here wondering if I'll make enough use of it to make it worth while! :cry:
I just checked the price, as a friend of mine gave his country membership there a few years ago when it went over £500. It has gone up a bit since then but green fees there have gone up even faster so I guess, if you were going to pay green fees anyway, the value has improved. As with all secondary memberships, it all depends on how often you play there.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
How is this an irritation? This must belong on the gladden the heart thread!

I just checked the price, as a friend of mine gave his country membership there a few years ago when it went over £500. It has gone up a bit since then but green fees there have gone up even faster so I guess, if you were going to pay green fees anyway, the value has improved. As with all secondary memberships, it all depends on how often you play there.

The green fees have indeed shot up! Since this mornings dilemma and gnashing of teeth, I am taking the view that "we pass this way but once" and I am joining. I will go down at least once a month and probably have a couple of full weeks staying locally and playing every day! If it doesn't get used enough, I don't need to renew.

I will now find how many new friends I have who'll want signing in! :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The green fees have indeed shot up! Since this mornings dilemma and gnashing of teeth, I am taking the view that "we pass this way but once" and I am joining. I will go down at least once a month and probably have a couple of full weeks staying locally and playing every day! If it doesn't get used enough, I don't need to renew.

I will now find how many new friends I have who'll want signing in! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway…next time you are in Elstead and fancy a knock…?

Visit site
Been on the waiting list for Country Membership at Saunton for several years. Just had the email to say I am in!

Now sat here wondering if I'll make enough use of it to make it worth while! :cry:

Saunton is incredible. How long did you have to wait, out of interest?

I am desperate to apply to Burnham & Berrow for country membership. However, they don't even let you apply at the moment - the waiting list is full and applications are closed.

I know someone who waited 12 years for St Enodoc membership.

Reactions: AAC

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe this should be a Golf thing that gladens the heart.?.
The number of people on various social media platforms losing their minds over which tee a 13 year old kid is going to be playing off this afternoon.....