Golf Random Irritations

AAC

Visit site
Saunton is incredible. How long did you have to wait, out of interest?

I am desperate to apply to Burnham & Berrow for country membership. However, they don't even let you apply at the moment - the waiting list is full and applications are closed.

I know someone who waited 12 years for St Enodoc membership.

It was worth the wait tho' lovely course

Mandofred

Visit site
Thought I would go in and play with the swindle/rollup this morning. At least 10 of us there in the semi-dark....looked like there may have been a few flakes overnight as well.....well frozen. Unfortunately, there was the club staff party last night and nobody came in this morning to open things up. One guy had all the phone numbers and started waking people up.....I gave up at 8am when he said it would be at least 15-20 minutes more before anybody was coming in. Had my gym stuff with me.....so sweated instead. I was heading there after playing anyway.

Supposed to play Monday morning, but I still think it's going to be a sloppy gooey mess once the top layer thaws.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
'my guy' didn't make the cut so I'm slumming it on 18th Green watching the final groups come on moving day and supping some wine in 30 degree heat (but I found a shady spot)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If there's a tie on a leaderboard it's usual to have the player/players who has/have completed the most holes on top....unless you're Tiger and Charlie...
Why change the format...

To be fair..they're doing it with JT's group too...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I ordered a wedge from GolfClubs4Cash via Ebay (for my wife). When I unpackaged it, I see that they've stuck their price label on the grip instead of on the shaft. As I tried to peel it off half the rubber came off the grip with it, so that's ruined now. What a stupid place to put the label. It's bad enough when you can't peel them off the shaft, let alone ruining a perfectly good grip.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ordered a wedge from GolfClubs4Cash via Ebay (for my wife). When I unpackaged it, I see that they've stuck their price label on the grip instead of on the shaft. As I tried to peel it off half the rubber came off the grip with it, so that's ruined now. What a stupid place to put the label. It's bad enough when you can't peel them off the shaft, let alone ruining a perfectly good grip.

Peanut butter does the trick

I have a superstroke regular grip u can have if you want? I ordered by mistake as I'm a tiny underside grip

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went range today, first since lesson Sunday

Was hitting lovely

No shanks ..

50 balls. I'd say 40 of them were good and 10 wouldn't be in danger on the course

However you just know on the course that they will be 35 rubbish and 15 meh

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Peanut butter does the trick

I have a superstroke regular grip u can have if you want? I ordered by mistake as I'm a tiny underside grip
What!? So you put peanut butter on and a dog appears from nowhere and licks the sticker off? :LOL:

Thanks, but I doubt she will care about the grip as much as I do. It's just annoying that they've basically ruined what was a near-pristine grip.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What!? So you put peanut butter on and a dog appears from nowhere and licks the sticker off? :LOL:

Thanks, but I doubt she will care about the grip as much as I do. It's just annoying that they've basically ruined what was a near-pristine grip.

Oh was for the Mrs aha. I actually have one golf pride undersize In the cupboard aswell lol

But if she ain't bothered

The peanut butter gets the sticky bit off it's like something sciency lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh was for the Mrs aha. I actually have one golf pride undersize In the cupboard aswell lol

But if she ain't bothered

The peanut butter gets the sticky bit off it's like something sciency lol
I've also heard that a simple hairdryer gets the label off somehow, but I was too lazy to take the club upstairs and try that. :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

Visit site
To be honest, if half the rubber came off the grip when you peeled the label off that tells me the grip wasn't very good to start with..
I've had labels rip on the grip and had to remove then with warm water but never the grip coming off with the label.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest, if half the rubber came off the grip when you peeled the label off that tells me the grip wasn't very good to start with..
I've had labels rip on the grip and had to remove then with warm water but never the grip coming off with the label.
It's the Taylor Made RBZ for ladies, the grip is really soft - softer than any grip I've ever had on my own clubs. Half the rubber was an exaggeration, it just peeled a bit of the surface rubber off that was stuck to the price sticker, lol. Still looks a bit cack now though.

Imurg

Visit site
Golfbidder.
Sometimes they state in the description of the club that it's +1/2 inch or +1/4 inch etc etc....
Sometimes they don't
I bought a wedge from them just before the snow and ice came and shut the courses.
Club arrived on the afternoon of the 5th and I haven't played since until this morning - hadn't really looked at it, just made sure it was OK and not falling apart.
Turns out my new (to me) 58° lob wedge is the same length as my 9 iron....:rolleyes:
It's the sort of thing that should be looked at before being advertised for sale and I've emailed them to tell them as such..
Whether they'll take it back or not I'm not sure ....either way, it's not a tricky adjustment and I'm not anhuge fan of the grip that it came with..
But irritating nonetheless.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Golfbidder.
Sometimes they state in the description of the club that it's +1/2 inch or +1/4 inch etc etc....
Sometimes they don't
I bought a wedge from them just before the snow and ice came and shut the courses.
Club arrived on the afternoon of the 5th and I haven't played since until this morning - hadn't really looked at it, just made sure it was OK and not falling apart.
Turns out my new (to me) 58° lob wedge is the same length as my 9 iron....:rolleyes:
It's the sort of thing that should be looked at before being advertised for sale and I've emailed them to tell them as such..
Whether they'll take it back or not I'm not sure ....either way, it's not a tricky adjustment and I'm not anhuge fan of the grip that it came with..
But irritating nonetheless.

can't you just stand on a box when you use it?