Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Go to Australia in November they said
Play a tournament in Brisbane they said.
It's summertime down there they said...

It's wetter there than it is here........

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Further to a few posts above, was planning on hitting some golf balls today. But, and filing this under "forgetting am not young", for some reason messing about with grown up kids tried to extinguish candles with martial arts style air punches ?‍♂️ Sore elbow now.
Double "doh"! What a plonker Rodney.

Mandofred

Visit site
I was down to 6.2 a couple months ago....then a month and a half in the wilderness of bad golf, so back up to 8. Getting things fixed again and getting some decent rounds in that would drop my HI again, but no cards until Spring now....at least that's what I have been told.

I've been fighting (and losing) a battle with what I think is piriformis syndrome. I was stretching enough to keep it away for the last couple of months and still able to walk plenty. I hate stretching....I've always hated stretching. But now I can't walk fast for exercise and I'm limping a bit while golfing so poop.....I need to stretch a lot more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to play a form of thread bingo.
Any mention, on any post, on any thread - pink castle tees - and I will immediately post this picture - again. You have been warned.
View attachment 45474
I must have completely missed the joke on these. What is it? I genuinely don't get it and I see it all the time on this forum. I somehow feel @Dando is responsible. :unsure:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Real irritation! We use mats on the tees of the par 3s in winter. Two of the blokes I play with use the tiny little castle tees on these holes and invariably they fly off into the grass never to be seen again! Of course, they cannot be abandoned and an extensive search ensues. Many the time I've arrived on the green, look behind me and one of them is still back on the teeing ground, looking for a tee.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Real irritation! We use mats on the tees of the par 3s in winter. Two of the blokes I play with use the tiny little castle tees on these holes and invariably they fly off into the grass never to be seen again! Of course, they cannot be abandoned and an extensive search ensues. Many the time I've arrived on the green, look behind me and one of them is still back on the teeing ground, looking for a tee.
I never use a tee on the par 3 teeing mats. Firstly you can hardly get them into the mat most of the time so you end up with the ball much too high, and secondly you really don't need it as the ball sits up perfectly on a mat anyway. I always scoff at the people who stick a tee half-way into the mat then hit their pitching wedge with the ball a centimetre off the ground. :LOL:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Pulling a muscle in upper left arm humping suitcases on the way to a week's golf in the Canaries.
Unable to execute a proper swing ?
First round today: 27 points ?
Doesn't seem to be getting any better, so tomorrow will no doubt be more of the same.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your honour & over inflated egos.On a drivable par 4 (255), guy says he will wait Incase he drives it. He’s been hitting it 220 max all day, I’m just hitting a 7 iron. Got a proper row from him when I suggested I hit first as I was laying up.

I can confirm he did not reach ?
We always go shortest hitter first when the course is busy. It's just basic common sense. Someone needs to give that feller's head a wobble.

Imurg

Visit site
It irritates me when Golf manufacturers release new equipment with the same name/numbers as the ones being replaced......
This goes for balls - how many AD333s or ProV1s have there been? And if they're different then call the something else or put a year in the name.
All clubs - the new TM 7 series....there's been 3 now. If they can come up with Sim, Stealth, Rocketballz and SLDR they can come with something new...
Some companies manage it...Mizuno and Ping spring to mind.....we're not on the 4th series of G25 for example...
I realise that, for example, the ProV1 has different markings for each variant but if you don't know what the markings refer to you've no idea what you have.
The last ProV1 was almost completely redesigned, almost nothing carried over from the previous ball...it was a ProV2 at the very least....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It irritates me when Golf manufacturers release new equipment with the same name/numbers as the ones being replaced......
This goes for balls - how many AD333s or ProV1s have there been? And if they're different then call the something else or put a year in the name.
All clubs - the new TM 7 series....there's been 3 now. If they can come up with Sim, Stealth, Rocketballz and SLDR they can come with something new...
Some companies manage it...Mizuno and Ping spring to mind.....we're not on the 4th series of G25 for example...
I realise that, for example, the ProV1 has different markings for each variant but if you don't know what the markings refer to you've no idea what you have.
The last ProV1 was almost completely redesigned, almost nothing carried over from the previous ball...it was a ProV2 at the very least....
Agreed. TM were a bad culprit when they released two different M1 and M2 ranges, that was annoying. Now you have to refer to them as M2(2016) and M2(2017). Learned their lesson when they brought out SIM2 at least.

Imurg

Visit site
Agreed. TM were a bad culprit when they released two different M1 and M2 ranges, that was annoying. Now you have to refer to them as M2(2016) and M2(2017). Learned their lesson when they brought out SIM2 at least.
Shows they can do it if they want to