Golf Random Irritations

sunshine

Visit site
Isn't there a 'casual' bar/area? There should be at any club that has 'old style' dress standards imo. To me, crocs (or trainers) are ok as long as with socks. Happy that shirts need to be tucked in. I've played at a course that has zero dress standards for clubhouse, but the usual ones for on the course. It's quite deliberate - to not dissuade members from calling in on way home from work for food/refreshment.

No. Crocs are never ok. And wearing crocs with socks is a crime ?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some of you in London and The SE will NOT understand this!

It was President’s Day at our Club yesterday and lo and behold the Competition was cancelled due to heavy overnight rain which continued throughout the day.
Two weeks ago one of our club matches was cancelled due to the heat (37°!) and the following week one got cancelled due to a thunder storm, both in the south east.

RRidges

Visit site
No. Crocs are never ok. And wearing crocs with socks is a crime ?
Apologies, I have a different concept of 'crocs'. The FJ footwear in the op of this sub-thread are what I consider crocs. Others might consider then sandals.
I agree that 'crocs' as often worn by kitchen, or even nursing/operating theatre/theater staffhave no place in golf (except perhaps clubhouse kitchen). Apols for the confusion.
The visibility of naked feet anywhere on a golf course property, bar showers, is a no-no imo! But those sandals (some call them slides over here), with socks and sans-spikes would be fine by me in a casual dress area, but I wouldn't create a fuss if they weren't.
There's little/no dress code in most of the courses I play. US courses at my price level tend to be keener on sales than rigorous dress standards.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Apologies, I have a different concept of 'crocs'. The FJ footwear in the op of this sub-thread are what I consider crocs. Others might consider then sandals.
I agree that 'crocs' as often worn by kitchen, or even nursing/operating theatre/theater staffhave no place in golf (except perhaps clubhouse kitchen). Apols for the confusion.
The visibility of naked feet anywhere on a golf course property, bar showers, is a no-no imo! But those sandals (some call them slides over here), with socks and sans-spikes would be fine by me in a casual dress area, but I wouldn't create a fuss if they weren't.
There's little/no dress code in most of the courses I play. US courses at my price level tend to be keener on sales than rigorous dress standards.

I’m not sure what is a bigger crime: crocs or socks with sandals ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Three days of rain and the course has greened up ?????

Went through for a couple of hours practice and it was blowing a hoolie, jacket required as well for double irritation ????

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the South of England Boys Open yesterday all 4.5 handicap or better, at various points on the course and was reminded just little 'course care' gets taught to modern golfers (I see this in a lot of older newer players a lot as well)
E.G trollies being taken between the bunkers and the greens, trolleys being taken on to tees, ignoring the paths.