Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Marshals at the US Open putting a flag near the ball to show players where they are in the rough. The golf authorities always argue against bifurcation on the grounds that golf should be the same game at all levels … so where are the marshals pointing out my balls in the cabbage? Pointing out balls means that there is no real penalty for a wayward shot … I know that there is little they can do about crowds pointing them out (and there are no crowds watching me), but using marshals specifically for the purpose is blatant mollycoddling. Rant over.

I’m sure you’d be happy to pay for all the marshals needed to line your golf course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing yesterday got the feeling that the things I’ve been really struggling with are just starting to work…been scoring pretty well but it could be so much better if and when these things are sorted - but just as soon as I discover the feeling I go on holiday and no golf until week Monday earliest…darn.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hole19 app has been playing up something awful this weekend. Any other users have problems with it?? Whenever I reopened the app it would jump two holes back, so I'd have to scroll forwards again to the correct hole, but then the yardage in the top right was frozen as well. It was so annoying, adding an extra 20 odd second every time. Normally works perfectly so I've no idea what was wrong with it.

sunshine

Visit site
Hole19 app has been playing up something awful this weekend. Any other users have problems with it?? Whenever I reopened the app it would jump two holes back, so I'd have to scroll forwards again to the correct hole, but then the yardage in the top right was frozen as well. It was so annoying, adding an extra 20 odd second every time. Normally works perfectly so I've no idea what was wrong with it.

Sounds like a trigger for another slow play debate. ?

Was your shirt untucked or were you wearing black socks with shorts too?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Playing the 4th yesterday in round two of the Club champs, hit my tee shot right side of the green over the front bunker, should have been back of the green, no sign of it searched to no avail, lost ball on a hole with no trouble right side, except the bunkers in cleared?
Had to go back to the tee and hit another and got a 6.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Playing the 4th yesterday in round two of the Club champs, hit my tee shot right side of the green over the front bunker, should have been back of the green, no sign of it searched to no avail, lost ball on a hole with no trouble right side, except the bunkers in cleared?
Had to go back to the tee and hit another and got a 6.
Nobody likes to see that...
???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Handicap up from 14.5 to 15.3 in two short weeks, and the next two going off are counting ones as well. ☹️ Think I've mentioned this before but I really don't like this system.. ?

Oh well. Looks like I need to shoot 81 or better on my next two rounds. ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Handicap up from 14.5 to 15.3 in two short weeks, and the next two going off are counting ones as well. ☹️ Think I've mentioned this before but I really don't like this system.. ?

Im so close to losing 3 scores in a row! Need a few good scores in a very short time frame! Never happening :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im so close to losing 3 scores in a row! Need a few good scores in a very short time frame! Never happening :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, it's been hard work lately. I got to the bit of my record where I had 5 counting rounds in a row, all from my old course, where the course/slope ratings are all inexplicably much higher. So I didn't have much chance of maintaining it. My goal was to get down to 13 or possibly even 12, but it's one step forward and two back.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah, it's been hard work lately. I got to the bit of my record where I had 5 counting rounds in a row, all from my old course, where the course/slope ratings are all inexplicably much higher. So I didn't have much chance of maintaining it. My goal was to get down to 13 or possibly even 12, but it's one step forward and two back.

12 is my goal for now! Then I will re-asses :ROFLMAO:

Im contemplating quitting my job and setting up a youtube channel to document my progress from mid-handicap to scratch! I think itll only take me 12 months! ;):ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
12 is my goal for now! Then I will re-asses :ROFLMAO:

Im contemplating quitting my job and setting up a youtube channel to document my progress from mid-handicap to scratch! I think itll only take me 12 months! ;):ROFLMAO:
Do make sure you hire a succession of coaches before belittling them on a public forum as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Try 5.4 to 7.4 in 3 weeks.....2 more scoring cards drop off in the next 2 rounds...could be off 8.? by the weekend.....