Golf Random Irritations

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Haha, no worries, I was also joking - 7 still a fair bit better than 16 though! I think my best ever was about 10 over par. But I guess we should both be coming down this year anyway. (y)

As it’s an irritation thread:

Shooting a nett 59 in a medal at the weekend and not winning.

D

Deleted member 1147

If Homer bottles it with Steve, I’ll take in someone in the 3’ish handicap area. I’m off 2.8.
Any takers?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Big Max hybrid bag - I liked it initially, but as I've been carrying less clubs lately I've noticed a flaw with it - with a half set there's not enough weight in the bag so the legs don't come out all the way! I have to press down on the top of the bag slightly to kind of force the legs all the way out, and I can feel the whole bag start to bend from where I've done it so many times. Especially as the ground is soft on the course. I don't know if I'm just fussy or it really is this difficult to find the perfect bag without spending a fortune. :LOL: Maybe bit of both. Only got it in August though so I'll probably persevere until I'm back on the trolley and it's not an issue - then new bag next winter. :confused:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My Big Max hybrid bag - I liked it initially, but as I've been carrying less clubs lately I've noticed a flaw with it - with a half set there's not enough weight in the bag so the legs don't come out all the way! I have to press down on the top of the bag slightly to kind of force the legs all the way out, and I can feel the whole bag start to bend from where I've done it so many times. Especially as the ground is soft on the course. I don't know if I'm just fussy or it really is this difficult to find the perfect bag without spending a fortune. :LOL: Maybe bit of both. Only got it in August though so I'll probably persevere until I'm back on the trolley and it's not an issue - then new bag next winter. :confused:

I found 2 bags is the answer. A proper cart bag and a smaller lightweight carry bag. I’ve also got a pencil bag for the summer evenings.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found 2 bags is the answer. A proper cart bag and a smaller lightweight carry bag. I’ve also got a pencil bag for the summer evenings.
lol, but I already switched from two bags to one hybrid bag to save cupboard space at home. Having just one bag with no chopping and changing is brilliant. The difficult part is finding the bag that's really good in both capacities though I guess.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have to press down on the top of the bag slightly to kind of force the legs all the way out, and I can feel the whole bag start to bend from where I've done it so many times.
I'm not familiar with your bag, but if it operates like normal stand bags, then why not just pull the legs out by hand rather than pressing down on the top? Especially if you're concerned that you may be damaging the structure of the bag. That's what I do when the legs don't come out far enough. You only need to give one of the legs a little tug - the other will come out with it as they are connected.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not familiar with your bag, but if it operates like normal stand bags, then why not just pull the legs out by hand rather than pressing down on the top? Especially if you're concerned that you may be damaging the structure of the bag. That's what I do when the legs don't come out far enough. You only need to give one of the legs a little tug - the other will come out with it as they are connected.
Hard to explain, it's as if the spring for the legs is too tight and they just want to collapse back in unless there's enough weight from the bag to keep them grounded. I will try it your way next time I'm out, but I feel like I'll still have to press down a little bit.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Hard to explain, it's as if the spring for the legs is too tight and they just want to collapse back in unless there's enough weight from the bag to keep them grounded. I will try it your way next time I'm out, but I feel like I'll still have to press down a little bit.

I have the same bag. Check the little piece of plastic between the 'rods' which push the legs out. Mine was super high, which stopped the legs moving out a long way. I pushed it down and that sorted it. There's now more movement overall and it stops exactly the action you've mentioned. Shoot me a pm if you can't work out what I mean and I'll grab a picture or 2

sunshine

Visit site
I have the same bag. Check the little piece of plastic between the 'rods' which push the legs out. Mine was super high, which stopped the legs moving out a long way. I pushed it down and that sorted it. There's now more movement overall and it stops exactly the action you've mentioned. Shoot me a pm if you can't work out what I mean and I'll grab a picture or 2

Do you mean this piece of plastic?

I have the aqua hybrid bag and have the same issue.

Is it a bit of a design flaw? They have lowered the top of the leg mechanism so the bag sits better on a trolley, but the consequence is shorter legs which are less stable.

My personal irritation is that my trolley has notches in the top rest to lock in stand bags so they don’t twist, but then I’ve lost this benefit as the new big max bags have been designed to overcome this differently.

Attachments

• E5604C97-3B98-434C-99F3-4B1604DF41F6.jpeg
    E5604C97-3B98-434C-99F3-4B1604DF41F6.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Do you mean this piece of plastic?

I have the aqua hybrid bag and have the same issue.

Is it a bit of a design flaw? They have lowered the top of the leg mechanism so the bag sits better on a trolley, but the consequence is shorter legs which are less stable.

My personal irritation is that my trolley has notches in the top rest to lock in stand bags so they don’t twist, but then I’ve lost this benefit as the new big max bags have been designed to overcome this differently.
yes! exactly that piece.

I got the rubber handle end of a hammer and just nudged it down a few inches. The result is that the shorter legs have room to move out wider and the whole thing became more stable immediately, along with curing the push that @Orikoru described.

sunshine

Visit site
yes! exactly that piece.

I got the rubber handle end of a hammer and just nudged it down a few inches. The result is that the shorter legs have room to move out wider and the whole thing became more stable immediately, along with curing the push that @Orikoru described.

Thanks. I couldn't move it by hand, will try something that provides a bit more force.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, cheers for the suggestion. I will certainly have a look at that. Useful forum this sometimes. :D(y)

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Having a new driver, irons and putter in the bag and getting a visit this week from Dudley and Eunice, resulting in a closed course. Oh, and the grandchildren next week because of half-term. And just to finish me off I have a builder in the following week.
My timing sucks.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I blew my top last Thursday at one of our groups who lost nearly an hour on the group in front them and did not call us through.

Todays Random Irritation - one of the 2 culprits will still not admit he is a slow player despite me telling him he is a couple of weeks ago when he asked " am I a slow player" another giving him the same reply roughly the same time and today others on the table clearly indicating he is (they were leaving at the time and thought he was actually admitting to being one but that was clearly not the case).