Golf Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bloody hot down here..if it wasn't for the wind we'd be in shorts....
Well it’s cold and wet up here. However 2 guys were playing in shorts today!

The irritation was that we MUST have winter wheels to protect the Course which has been the case for 1 month now, at least 3 emails sent out by The Club. It is onTHE BRS Booking in RED. These 2 hd no winter wheels. I explained they were required and the response was that we haven't played for a month which was an untruth. The Club are not policing it and the majority have paid £30/70 and others do not care.

D

Deleted member 15344

Course has been 12 holes because of the rain - more rain in the last hour and closed ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Course closed for fourth day in a row. Too soggy/boggy in places. Persisting down again this morning.
Got my name down for Tuesday morning - fingers crossed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Turning up at the club to see your three most regular golf buddies tee off WITH ANOTHER MEMBER MAKING UP THE 4 ball.?

(note…irritation much less so if not intending to play and not at all if not actually bothered…but could have been asked ?…must get onto the ’Fancy a Knock’ WhatsApp group - that’ll be it)

Bobthesock

Visit site
People who use mat as a verb, like in the rough when they say "I can mat it here". Also when people putt off them. Not playing again until April it annoys me so much

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally banned buggies from the course.
The damage they have been doing is quite bad .
Just two months late imo, the rain we have had has been quite heavy.
Down to 11 holes quite a bit but buggies churning up the entrances and exits on the bridges.
Course is not really set up for buggies but money talks.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Course closed for fourth day in a row. Too soggy/boggy in places. Persisting down again this morning.
Got my name down for Tuesday morning - fingers crossed.
Same here, just down the road. Was hoping to get the odd round in during my week off.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course closed for third day running. More rain forecast so could be closed for a while. Wish I lived a bit closer to Hayling. Probably bone dry on the links.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Congratulations! Hopefully leave the toot in 2021 and get better for 2022

Cheers. Played 18 and carried yesterday and was hanging. Had it been a horse race I'd have been pulled up on the 14th as I was blowing big time. Couldn't do another 18 today and nine was more than enough. Just proves need to up my fitness to golf in 2022