Golf Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Since Xmas we've had masses of rain. In an attempt to get a game this week, I booked tee times every day except Thursday. No prizes for guessing which was the only day the course was open.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Starting the year on 400mg pain killers and a form of deep heat is not the one! Had a 9.10 slot booked on what’s been the nicest day in weeks and I’m laid up!

Random irritations does not even start the frustration!!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
2 guys on the 11th tee, us a 4 ball on the 2nd - tees lie side by side with 20'ish yards gap between. We all tee'd off as they were not doing anything, as we walk, their first player has at least 8 practice swings - just wonder how long their round was?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sometimes playing off mats has appeal, play any shot you like and stop it on a sixpence :cool:

Added bonus of not destroying your confidence over the winter.

I get that. I shouldn't let it affect me but was getting decidedly yippy today. Before my detour to a hospital bed I had actually been chipping and pitching well given the conditions. Putting it down to a bad day and try and wipe the slate clean for tomorrow

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sometimes playing off mats has appeal, play any shot you like and stop it on a sixpence :cool:

Added bonus of not destroying your confidence over the winter.
Exactly this. 3 years ago we could see our fairways and surrounds were going to struggle with worms casting so have been encouraging members to play off mats to enhance their winter golf and experience.
With a new Course manger he has plans to improve the turf but for now we will keep using them

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What you done?

Screwed it! ???

Honestly don’t know, I skipped a few weeks ago and done further damage to the knee so I will be out at some point this year for the op. Fast forward two weeks and by walking compensating for the sore knee I tweaked the lower back. The chiropractor clicked me back in place and it was all good for the last three rounds but it’s gone again over Christmas. Meant to be playing kingswood tomorrow but I’m 50/50 at the moment. I’ve already had to cancel the game on the 30th December and New Year’s Day which is not what I wanted on my only time off.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bump and run! I learnt a few years ago this is the way to play in winter. Don't try and chip anything.

Hybrid bump and run as the sole will slide along the mud but it does tend to come out hot. The other option is to grip down on a wedge and stand it more upright looking to make toe connection with a putter stroke, this worked exceptionally well on the 28th from some stinking lies.

NearHull

Visit site
Hybrid bump and run as the sole will slide along the mud but it does tend to come out hot. The other option is to grip down on a wedge and stand it more upright looking to make toe connection with a putter stroke, this worked exceptionally well on the 28th from some stinking lies.
You have 28 holes on your course? ?