Golf Random Irritations

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's the end of October. It's been raining all week. Greens are obviously pretty slow. The irritation is.... just how many holes do I need to play to get it through my thick skull that I need to hit putts harder!!! Gaah - so many putts heading for the middle of the cup and pulling up short. :ROFLMAO:
It'll work in reverse come spring.
I remember after a really wet winter here we played Majorca Santa Ponsa the end of March 1981.
Lots of low h/c golfers just couldn't get used to the fast greens, including a plus 3 h/c who 3 putted quite a few and 4 putted 1, using his old Balata type ball.
While I only 3 putted a few times from 3 feet using my top of the range distance TopFlite :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's the end of October. It's been raining all week. Greens are obviously pretty slow. The irritation is.... just how many holes do I need to play to get it through my thick skull that I need to hit putts harder!!! Gaah - so many putts heading for the middle of the cup and pulling up short. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Kaz, but trying not to smile as the realization that you're ALMOST as daft as the rest of us duffers--thank you for that:)(y)

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never understood when some people are asked how many points in a Stableford Comp. the response is e.g. “37 points with 2 blobs”. The score is 37 points and has nothing to do with 2 blobs. I understand what people are trying to say is if I did not have the blobs I would have had a better score but they did have the blobs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never understood when some people are asked how many points in a Stableford Comp. the response is e.g. “37 points with 2 blobs”. The score is 37 points and has nothing to do with 2 blobs. I understand what people are trying to say is if I did not have the blobs I would have had a better score but they did have the blobs.
A relative of mine does this all the time. I found it odd at first, then irritating, now I just smile and think of the posts on here about people who make the statement ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went out for a quick 9 holes before sunset. I get stuck behind 2 ladies. They have played 6 shots down to the green side bunkers then 7 shots in the bunker and then a couple of putts followed by a full on discussion between holing out. Next hole I asked them if I could play through and they let me go through.. so I promptly blocked it into the gorse ? . So picked it up as I decided on stableford to keep me interested.
I finished my round and half an hour later they came in off the 7th.
Now I dunno what’s going on but new golfers need to be told about getting out the way and that will save them from abuse.

D

Deleted member 3432

Pro asks if I'm playing in comp today. I say no, not interested in playing qualifiers off fairway mats, winter golf is for fresh air and practice.

Nobody is intetested he says, trying a 12 hole comp today to get some entries.....

Plenty of interest winter golf comps were NQ, followed by much cursing of WHS :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Pro asks if I'm playing in comp today. I say no, not interested in playing qualifiers off fairway mats, winter golf is for fresh air and practice.

Nobody is intetested he says, trying a 12 hole comp today to get some entries.....

Plenty of interest winter golf comps were NQ, followed by much cursing of WHS :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Understand the sentiment, especially with the mats.
But down here it's still Autumn for a few more weeks ???

D

Deleted member 3432

Understand the sentiment, especially with the mats.
But down here it's still Autumn for a few more weeks ???

Course was in great shape after last weeks monsoons of biblical proportions and a bitterly northerly wind.

A few other local courses are still closed from last week.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Arriving at the local American Golf range for an evening’s practice, to be told, rather patronisingly, that last balls are at 7pm range closes at 8pm. Always used to be open all night, and great for winter practice. Not any more.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got an email yesterday saying that the seniors section were reducing the amount of comps off white, due to some whinging, then it got complicated and I think some of the ones that will be classed as whites will be "long yellows". I wonder if it's because I've joined this year and they've seen, and are now scared of, players who can still blast the ball 240 off the tee? You gotta laugh. I'm now using and getting used to the senior shaft in my driver,I've been using the ladies one, and am hitting it even further. Lol. Stuff 'em.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got an email yesterday saying that the seniors section were reducing the amount of comps off white, due to some whinging, then it got complicated and I think some of the ones that will be classed as whites will be "long yellows". I wonder if it's because I've joined this year and they've seen, and are now scared of, players who can still blast the ball 240 off the tee? You gotta laugh. I'm now using and getting used to the senior shaft in my driver,I've been using the ladies one, and am hitting it even further. Lol. Stuff 'em.
They can run the comps giving you the option of what tees you wish to use, the computer adjusts the scores.
We've had that option for a few years now and always choose the yellows :LOL:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My mate chopping and changing his putter. I was just telling him today how well he's putted since he changed to a centre shafted putter. "Oh I'm not using that anymore I've gone back to my old one." Oh? Why?? ??‍♂️ Daft.
My dad does this with drivers :ROFLMAO:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My opinion is that these rules are cultural and political in the main and religious only partially or barely.
I don't disagree with you at all - the dress rules are daft and an anachronism.