Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rather than being happy at consistently shooting in the low 80s I'm annoyed at not having broken 80 yet.. even though I know that's just an arbitrary milestone based on nothing but the human condition to place importance on metric round numbers. Stupid brain.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rather than being happy at consistently shooting in the low 80s I'm annoyed at not having broken 80 yet.. even though I know that's just an arbitrary milestone based on nothing but the human condition to place importance on metric round numbers. Stupid brain.

That’s a good point … I’m obsessed with breaking 90. I shall adopt that view. Thanks.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The par 4 second hole in yesterdays medal. Uphill and into a gale my tee shot finished on the upslope of a small mound that I am usually 50 yards past. Two big hooks later that went OOB and I am playing my 6th from where my tee shot finished. Next was a fat that finished 80 yards short of the green, then knocked it over the back to an impossible pin position. A chip on and two putts later for a 10. Used up my handicap twice on one hole? On the plus side, I have just seen the competition results and my 10 on that hole was not the worst of the day??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You can’t leave us like that, we need more info ?

Three up at the turn and then lost the par 3 11th to a net birdie to our par, lost SI1 (the 12th) to net par and made both made a horlicks of the 16th to go back to one up (we'd nicked the 14th). I hit a driver at the 218 yard par three to ten feet but couldn't make the birdie and they stole the last with another net par, I had a 4 footer to win but caught the left edge and stayed up. My partner made a gutsy par at the 225 yard first, a par 3 to match their 4 net 3 but we lost to a par net birdie at the par 5 second. Was virtually totally dark by this stage and I had a thirty foot putt but had no real idea of line so was happy to make the two putt. We were giving 10 and 11 shots and they played well as a pair so no sour grapes, just annoying we couldn't kill it off

D

Deleted member 15344

Finding out a well known Irish Short Game wizard still continues to win national golf competitions - and despite that his handicap has increased

Amazing

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
the girls in Saudi are wearing skirts and leggings and look bloody daft.
Just been checking out the Aramco tournament in Jeddah on YouTube and the ladies seem to be wearing their normal attire. Plenty of bare legs. Have the rules in Saudi changed?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
An alt shot comp and your partner cannot play a golf shot to save his life.

Poor off the tee
Poor off the fairways
Poor chipping
Poor putting

"I thought we were as bad as each other"........... No mate.. No....