Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If there's a 3 minute limit on searching for a ball, how long can you look for a tee? :)

Played with a senior this week, he used the pink tower tees off the mats and he wasn't going anywhere till he found it.

One hole we just left him there... it got very silly
You've been playing with Fragger again..;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An alt shot comp and your partner cannot play a golf shot to save his life.

Poor off the tee
Poor off the fairways
Poor chipping
Poor putting

"I thought we were as bad as each other"........... No mate.. No....
Haha, the extra shots you get are never enough are they? We were up against 11 & 22 in the foursomes on Saturday, we thought the higher chap might make a few mistakes like that and let us in - nope. They were only 5 over par for the front nine. :oops:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
An alt shot comp and your partner cannot play a golf shot to save his life.

Poor off the tee
Poor off the fairways
Poor chipping
Poor putting

"I thought we were as bad as each other"........... No mate.. No....

I think this is fodder for a whole thread of its own! :) A mate of mine who is a low handicapper, once made reference to having to carry me round a 4BBB, until a swift look at the card showed 10 scores in my column. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this is fodder for a whole thread of its own! :) A mate of mine who is a low handicapper, once made reference to having to carry me round a 4BBB, until a swift look at the card showed 10 scores in my column. ;)
I bit easier to carry one player or the other in betterball I think! I must admit in my foursomes match my partner carried me on the greens certainly. A good handful of times I left him 3-5 footers that he tucked away. Greens were slower than ever and I couldn't get used to it at all.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Busy at the club today...not when we started at 7.30 but when we got to the turn both tees had queues of about 5 groups..
Apparently lots of people had decided to play today.
Fortunately, as we had p,aged the front 9 already we had priority over the queue on the 10th..a kind of merge in turn..
So we got away and got through the ladies 3 ball in front and didn't really change pace.
There were groups behind us who came through and "merged" meaning the last group that wanted to start on then10th had to wait the best part of 45 minutes before they could begin....

If only there was a way........:unsure:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Busy at the club today...not when we started at 7.30 but when we got to the turn both tees had queues of about 5 groups..
Apparently lots of people had decided to play today.
Fortunately, as we had p,aged the front 9 already we had priority over the queue on the 10th..a kind of merge in turn..
So we got away and got through the ladies 3 ball in front and didn't really change pace.
There were groups behind us who came through and "merged" meaning the last group that wanted to start on then10th had to wait the best part of 45 minutes before they could begin....

If only there was a way........:unsure:
You really do need to start a revolution, if only for your own sanity.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Watching the golf on sky and one of the commentators was talking about a golfer aiming 30yards right of the green saying that moving the ball that far isn’t possible!
I’ve hit drives where 30yards of fade/draw could be classed as dead straight

Commentator “You can’t shape the ball with modern balls and equipment”

Bubba Watson “Hold my beer”

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hitting a super drive leaving a flick with a PW in and pulling it left EVERY damn time and missing the green, when it would be easier to hit the green. Help ! (I think it's because I stand too close and don't take enough care).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching the golf on sky and one of the commentators was talking about a golfer aiming 30yards right of the green saying that moving the ball that far isn’t possible!
I’ve hit drives where 30yards of fade/draw could be classed as dead straight

Brilliant! You want to write into Sky Golf with that !

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why are so many Mixed Opens blooming GREENSOMES? Looking for some events this year and just about all of them are that nonsense! :(

Usually at expensive courses. They've reduced the green fee but don't want you to actaully be able to play a full round for that price, Good Lord No! Sign up to them and play a normal round and don't worry about winning the comp. Cheap green fee!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If there's a 3 minute limit on searching for a ball, how long can you look for a tee? :)

Played with a senior this week, he used the pink tower tees off the mats and he wasn't going anywhere till he found it.

Just say out loud as you walk away, "Has it got your name on it? They'll hand it in, their quite honest here". Got that off my mate. He's full of funny stuff like that. :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was due to play this morning, forecast changed overnight from ok to 99% chance of rain, we had a chat between the 4 of us and decided to not play.... que it to brighten up and be nice all morning.. clear blue sky by 9..?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Usually at expensive courses. They've reduced the green fee but don't want you to actaully be able to play a full round for that price, Good Lord No! Sign up to them and play a normal round and don't worry about winning the comp. Cheap green fee!
What happens to the other 2 in the Group?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having practiced and played all season with relatively mediocre results, played yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks and came back in 2 under gross. Should have been 4 or 5 under. Completely in control of the ball.

I hate golf.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Was it relevant that he was a senior?