Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 1147

My opinion is that these rules are cultural and political in the main and religious only partially or barely.
I don't disagree with you at all - the dress rules are daft and an anachronism.
Have you seen Bronte Law?
There's a bit of the Nora Batty about her leggings :LOL:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Winning a set of irons for a bargain price on e bay way over what I have ever paid but them not reaching the reserve. Gutted.
Please explain how this can happen!
Surely, your bid gets rejected as 'below resererve price' (or similar) in the first place! Or have Ebay bidding rules changed?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Stupid Muslim rules on women’s dress.

the girls in Saudi are wearing skirts and leggings and look bloody daft.

Maybe time we stopped playing in these backwards places!

But these are the rules of the club they are playing at country they are playing in, so should be respected.

No one is forced to go and play there. Personally I felt that going to these places give an opportunity to shine a light on some issues. But let’s not pretend the West has some kind moral superiority.

D

Deleted member 1147

But these are the rules of the club they are playing at country they are playing in, so should be respected.

No one is forced to go and play there. Personally I felt that going to these places give an opportunity to shine a light on some issues. But let’s not pretend the West has some kind moral superiority.
We shouldn’t have tour events at right wing, reactionary, backward, fundamentalist regimes (& I’m not referring to a Tory Uk)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Please explain how this can happen!
Surely, your bid gets rejected as 'below resererve price' (or similar) in the first place! Or have Ebay bidding rules changed?
Dunno, but it allowed three of us to bid against each other. I won the bidding war but not the goods. They're relisted and I'm in again. What would you pay for "used twice" clubs? % wise.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Frosty this morning...took my trolley down the edge of the rough and walked on the greens as little as possible..
Got to the 13th tee and some peasant with a brain the size of a pea had driven his trolley across the tee box to the yellow markers and then straight ahead across the Green and Red tee boxes.....
Unbelievable Jeff....:rolleyes:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Dunno, but it allowed three of us to bid against each other. I won the bidding war but not the goods. They're relisted and I'm in again. What would you pay for "used twice" clubs? % wise.
Doh! Realised the difference between 'Reserve' (which is often unanounced) and 'Starting' prices!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
2022 Scottish Open going back to The Renaissance club, golf it's a game for all, if you can afford the reported 100k debenture
I suppose its down to who ever wants to host it and stump up some cash. No different to Castle Stuart, Loch Lomond, or Others tbh. Cant see many course queuing up to hold it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to the clubhouse and it was about 11:45, bit of a queue due to new staff. Not a problem, but the blokes in front were ordering pints , bit early for that. Then sat down and were complaining about how all the younger generation have it easy whilst knocking back another pint or 2. How do these guys get home, and how can they say everyone else has an easy life when they are downing pints before lunch ?? Serious hypocrisy

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf shoes that have been great for nearly 4 years suddenly pinching my toes quite badly. Don't know what has happened but they are no good for me anymore ☹

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Got to the clubhouse and it was about 11:45, bit of a queue due to new staff. Not a problem, but the blokes in front were ordering pints , bit early for that. Then sat down and were complaining about how all the younger generation have it easy whilst knocking back another pint or 2. How do these guys get home, and how can they say everyone else has an easy life when they are downing pints before lunch ?? Serious hypocrisy
But I thought all private members' courses are both golf and drinking clubs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's longer than I ever got from golf shoes.
The grips on them are fine as well. I wouldn't mind if the shoes were cracking or dimples worn but they are actually in really decent shape still. Very annoying.

(Waterproofing has gone on really wet days but I wear waterproof socks so that doesn't matter)

D

Deleted member 21258

7 over ball sitting in the middle of the 18th fairway, not lost a ball all round, an uneventful and peaceful round, some of the best tee to green played all year, shame about the putting/chipping still being in iceland. But happy and calm.

Wait 10 minutes for the greenkeepers to do their stuff by the green, followed by a big hook into the gorse, lost ball:oops: Glad I managed to cheer the wife up tho:D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
7 over ball sitting in the middle of the 18th fairway, not lost a ball all round, an uneventful and peaceful round, some of the best tee to green played all year, shame about the putting/chipping still being in iceland. But happy and calm.

Wait 10 minutes for the greenkeepers to do their stuff by the green, followed by a big hook into the gorse, lost ball:oops: Glad I managed to cheer the wife up tho:D

You're playing in s supermarket??