Golf Random Irritations

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Being stuck behind a 2 ball who were both playing 2 balls each. Fine if you're reasonably accurate and consistent. Not fine when you're walking 50 yards across the fairway to get to your other ball.

Just seems quite selfish on these nights where light is at much more of a premium for these post work rounds.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Being stuck behind a 2 ball who were both playing 2 balls each. Fine if you're reasonably accurate and consistent. Not fine when you're walking 50 yards across the fairway to get to your other ball.

Just seems quite selfish on these nights where light is at much more of a premium for these post work rounds.

That's poor. I would have asked to play through.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hitting a level par round yesterday in the monthly stableford for 40 points and coming 2nd on count back. At least the winner was also a single figure golfer.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Slight irritation on Professionals Day today..
Approx 200 players..
50 groups.
Nearest the pin is on the 10th hole...
7th group out and there's a Hole in One.......:rolleyes:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Guy at the kings practice ground this afternoon who was hitting from the practice chipping green, that's bad enough but to make matters worse the covered bays were between him and the range. Ball could easily hit the bays and gone anywhere, houses close by and walkers who sometimes cut across the place could not see him so could easily walk across with no clue he was there hitting until it was too late

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Slight irritation on Professionals Day today..
Approx 200 players..
50 groups.
Nearest the pin is on the 10th hole...
7th group out and there's a Hole in One.......:rolleyes:
That's not near. It's in. By definition, not near!

At least, that's the line I'd be using if I was 3" away!

Imurg

Visit site
During yesterday's comp there were a couple of times, early on, when one of our group wanted the flag out for his putt.
To save time and the flag hokey-cokey I putted with the flag out for the first time since I can remember.....
I, fairly soon, worked out that the flag is staying in for my putts even if it has to go back in and come back out again..too bad.
#flagsin

Mandofred

Visit site
During yesterday's comp there were a couple of times, early on, when one of our group wanted the flag out for his putt.
To save time and the flag hokey-cokey I putted with the flag out for the first time since I can remember.....
I, fairly soon, worked out that the flag is staying in for my putts even if it has to go back in and come back out again..too bad.
#flagsin
I keep the flag in all the time....studies seem to back that view up. Although as I've said before....one course I play at has the widest dang flags I've ever seen. I've thought about taking the flag out a few times. My regular club has noticeably thinner shafts....I don't even consider taking it out there. If they forked up the money to buy those really thin at the bottom flags I would kick in extra money to help out.....

Some people can't putt with the flag in.... I get it. It doesn't bother me though. Some people really have trouble when the flag is out.... I can go either way, but prefer the target help even on short putts with the flag in.

Get thin flags.....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My sister lives in Radlett... bro in law took me to Top Golf in Watford a while back. I thought it was just a very expensive driving range.

Ditto to that comment. My son used to go but as I only went once a year I had to renew my membership every time. I used to take my daughter in laws shots for her when there was a chance of a special prize with the next ball.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lost a ball today that I’d used for 48 consecutive holes, which is quite a feat for me round my course. Made the mistake of saying it would be retired at the end of the round, two shots before I fired it high and wide into the river.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being 2 over on the 17th having made 1 birdie and 9 pars in the last 10 holes and :-

1. Missing 5 birdie putts from inside 6-10ft.
2. Glancing a branch on 17, losing a ball and having to play 3 off the tee. Finished treble bogey , par (another shortish putt missed).

Imurg

Visit site
There's a mixed comp on today and the 1st is closed between 2 and 3 and the 10th between 4 and 5.
We know this as we get a weekly report on things li,e this..
We turn up at 7 today only to overhear 2 guys saying that because of this comp, the Monday rollup that goes out from both tees between 1 and 1.30 had moved themselves to a 9am start.
We would normally go off the 10th to miss another rollup that goes out at 8 from the 10th...
There were 3 2 balls in front on the 10th hole and I calculated that, if we went off the 10th, we would get stuck in the 9am rollup.
But if we went off the 1st we would beat it and only have to deal with the Seniors...
Off the first we went and made it round 10 minutes before the rollup - job done.
But several other groups of players who weren't in the rollup got caught and are probably still out there, potentially mucking up BHMonday plans.
It really shouldn't be this difficult to,play golf as a full 7 day unlimited member...

If only there was a way of knowing........:unsure::whistle:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a fitting this morning, very thorough, spent over an hour hitting various combos of heads and shafts.
Narrowed down to Taylormade Sim 2 and Mizuno Hot Metal Pro (P790s we’re lovely and went well but pipped by both the others). All best combos were on the Pro Modus 3 105R shaft…

Heads available 4- 5weeks. Shafts seemingly 4- 5 MONTHS!

Went from quite energised and happy to flat and despondent in 30 seconds.