Golf Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know many people on another thread have said its nonsense. But keeping energy levels up is very important. To do that the body needs fuel. And it needs to be in the form of food and drink that releases energy quickly. There is no point eating something on tbe 10th tee that will take 2 hours to digest and release energy.

Sugar and quick releases carbs are your friend.
I'd agree, I was having the same problems, but now have a snack at the turn and cured the problem

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I know many people on another thread have said its nonsense. But keeping energy levels up is very important. To do that the body needs fuel. And it needs to be in the form of food and drink that releases energy quickly. There is no point eating something on tbe 10th tee that will take 2 hours to digest and release energy.

Sugar and quick releases carbs are your friend.

Oh it absolutely is key. I'm just terrible at having the discipline to actually eat them. The number of unopened bottles of water that roll around in my boot is a joke.

I'm going to start buying 3 snacks and having one on each of the 5th, 10th and 15th tees I think.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a common one today. In semi-final of our clubs Mid-Week K/O comp to be played by Friday 3rd Sept. And enquiring for suitable dates my opponent tells me he is already playing Mon-Thurs next week and is away after the 31st. Brilliant. So for mid-week dates that leaves what I can do - tomorrow morning, next Friday, or B/H Monday 30th. And my Mrs rather prefers me to avoid Fridays if possible as she doesn’t work Fridays.

Oh I've had this a few times this year. I just say, well if your games that you are playing aren't opens and are just comps at our place you can pull out of those and join me at one of the dates that I can play on. And they back down.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Monsoon here this morning. By the time we got to the third green, it was mainly under water.

Then the assistant appears waving everyone in.

Having not played all week, I don't need this on a Saturday in August
Wait until the kids go back in a couple of weeks..it'll be cracking the pavements....

Imurg

Visit site
Rare Saturday morning comp bumped into late afternoon/evening to make room for a rescheduled men's comp. Hanging around the house getting more randomly irritated by the minute.
Can't have the womenfolk playing before lunch for heaven's sake..it'll be cats and dogs living together next...:rolleyes:
Nice to know where you stand isn't it.....:confused:

D

Deleted member 18588

Bought a Motocaddy MP3 14 /6/21 £670 from a Club 80 miles away. Arrived for an Open Comp on Wednesday and was not working. Not the battery as it worked with another battery. Contacted Motocaddy and Pro shop where I bought it from who was not interested. Motocaddy said it was probably the fascia that had gone and had to send it to a Motocaddy Repairer, the nearest happens to be a 1.75 hour round trip 80 mile. Need to order part, they have no idea when it Willie returned and then I have to go back again to collect. No trolley at present and now need to hire one to play golf.

Repeat 2 months old. What is reasonable from Motacaddy in the circumstances?
Your anger should be directed at the pro shop that sold you the trolley as it is they, and not Motocaddy, with whom you contracted.

Having said that I wouldn't be very pleased with the reliability of the product but I would still be even more angry with the retailer who you said "was not interested".

Imurg

Visit site
And here's another reason I'd like a booking system at the club..
I'm at a loose end this afternoon - I've got time to fit in a game.
Non of my usual crowd are around so it would be a solo round...
The weather is clearing and looks to be much better than this morning
Did the usual Saturday morning bunch turn up or did they defer to this afternoon?
If I get ready and rock up at 2 will I find 3 or 4 groups waiting on each tee?
The only way to find out is turn up....

If only there was a way of knowing....:unsure:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rare Saturday morning comp bumped into late afternoon/evening to make room for a rescheduled men's comp. Hanging around the house getting more randomly irritated by the minute.

K...don't suppose you could nip out and remove the flags on the back 9, could you?-after all ,it's only men and probably won't be near back 9 yet:devilish:
Or you could just watch the Ladies on Sky?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
And here's another reason I'd like a booking system at the club..
I'm at a loose end this afternoon - I've got time to fit in a game.
Non of my usual crowd are around so it would be a solo round...
The weather is clearing and looks to be much better than this morning
Did the usual Saturday morning bunch turn up or did they defer to this afternoon?
If I get ready and rock up at 2 will I find 3 or 4 groups waiting on each tee?
The only way to find out is turn up....

If only there was a way of knowing....:unsure:

Alexander Graham Bell invented something that may help you in this:rolleyes:??

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obviously watching the open but today's plan was to play the medal then get back and in time to watch the leaders. :(
Get it that you're peed off ( taser match secretary?-:giggle:) How many in the ladies?--asking 'cos at our place Ladies and Junior times are pretty well sacrosanct!!
Louise up to -5 and giving herself chances. Tihng is they all look as easy swinging as you can get-no sore backs or twinges there ( or is it just because I'm in the older bracket and feel it:whistle:)?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Course waterlogged so my comp cancelled. Really disappointed - with recent good form and soft, windless conditions I felt it was there for the taking today.

Oh well, at least I get to watch the open.
Thought your place was good draining? No?-Begins with an 'M' doesn't it and has a very impressive turreted clubhouse?..Or has my brain been fried ( again:LOL:)
Hope the men got their comp out the way ( so don't mess with yours again:whistle:)
Some great golf on the box-from all of them-BUT,absolute class from L.D....just hope that she is so cool tomorrow--btw have you came across/played with her or cleaned her clubs;)!
Got your comments about you playing well-keep it up!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Despite my score in the medal not being one of my best 8 my inex has dropped ?
It's only 0.1 but now 2.6, which is not what the doctor ordered ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Despite my score in the medal not being one of my best 8 my inex has dropped ?
It's only 0.1 but now 2.6, which is not what the doctor ordered ?

Thinking about it, you are doing it all wrong.
Don't play unless there's a 40 mph wind then get out there and play 36 holes submitting general play cards.

Few rounds in those conditions aided by pcc of 0 and you will be up to 28 in no time ?