Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Genuine question, but why can't you just say 'shanks'?
Surely you can't think it'll be unlucky ..................................................... because you're already suffering from them.
It's like thespians refusing to say 'Macbeth', I just don't get it.
It’s all in the mind…so best to not mention the word..so yes…just like Macbeth. I’m just about getting over it…but others might not be in that situation. So I don’t use the word. They can utterly kill destroy your love of golf - indeed it can make you want to just give the game up altogether.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A week ago my wife agreed to get me a new putter for my birthday. In the two rounds since then I've putted better than ever before with the old one. Typical isn't it?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a common one today. In semi-final of our clubs Mid-Week K/O comp to be played by Friday 3rd Sept. And enquiring for suitable dates my opponent tells me he is already playing Mon-Thurs next week and is away after the 31st. Brilliant. So for mid-week dates that leaves what I can do - tomorrow morning, next Friday, or B/H Monday 30th. And my Mrs rather prefers me to avoid Fridays if possible as she doesn’t work Fridays.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a common one today. In semi-final of our clubs Mid-Week K/O comp to be played by Friday 3rd Sept. And enquiring for suitable dates my opponent tells me he is already playing Mon-Thurs next week and is away after the 31st. Brilliant. So for mid-week dates that leaves what I can do - tomorrow morning, next Friday, or B/H Monday 30th. And my Mrs rather prefers me to avoid Fridays if possible as she doesn’t work Fridays.

Cardinal sin letting opponent choose his dates first. Tell him which days you can play next week and that he will have to change his arrangements. Give him more dates than he has allowed you and you have the higher "moral ground"

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cardinal sin letting opponent choose his dates first. Tell him which days you can play next week and that he will have to change his arrangements. Give him more dates than he has allowed you and you have the higher "moral ground"
Yep our rules are 3 dates one must be a weekend. I just email any oppo that.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Chin up, it could be worse
Top of the draw for our knockout gets to pick the course the tie will be played at... From 8 venues :eek:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Hitting perfect drives leaving less than pitching wedge to the pin. Then making bogies. 3 times in 9 holes tonight ?

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The blighters who hit practice shots down right side of our 13th hole (which is permissible from the practice ground). And then don't pick them up. Makes finding a ball played off the tee a darn sight harder than it should be ...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…which I should have done…I could play any day in the next two weeks…anyway…looks like we’ll be playing next Saturday. Not ideal but there you go. I’ll cope. Just have to win ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My body and mind's inability to function properly after 13/14 holes. Twice this week I've been on course to shoot my best ever scores and twice I've absolutely fallen apart for the past 4 or 5 holes.

On the cusp on breaking 80 regularly if it wasn't for these brainfarts.

I've a strong suspicion its food and drink related (specifically a lack of).

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My body and mind's inability to function properly after 13/14 holes. Twice this week I've been on course to shoot my best ever scores and twice I've absolutely fallen apart for the past 4 or 5 holes.

By making sure I had two bottles of water and a couple of snacks (low fat/sugar obviously ;)), it does stop me fading over the last 3/4 holes - it used to happen a lot before I starting carrying extra fuel/drink.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

I know many people on another thread have said its nonsense. But keeping energy levels up is very important. To do that the body needs fuel. And it needs to be in the form of food and drink that releases energy quickly. There is no point eating something on tbe 10th tee that will take 2 hours to digest and release energy.

Sugar and quick releases carbs are your friend.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bought a Motocaddy MP3 14 /6/21 £670 from a Club 80 miles away. Arrived for an Open Comp on Wednesday and was not working. Not the battery as it worked with another battery. Contacted Motocaddy and Pro shop where I bought it from who was not interested. Motocaddy said it was probably the fascia that had gone and had to send it to a Motocaddy Repairer, the nearest happens to be a 1.75 hour round trip 80 mile. Need to order part, they have no idea when it Willie returned and then I have to go back again to collect. No trolley at present and now need to hire one to play golf.

Repeat 2 months old. What is reasonable from Motacaddy in the circumstances?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bought a Motocaddy MP3 14 /6/21 £670 from a Club 80 miles away. Arrived for an Open Comp on Wednesday and was not working. Not the battery as it worked with another battery. Contacted Motocaddy and Pro shop where I bought it from who was not interested. Motocaddy said it was probably the fascia that had gone and had to send it to a Motocaddy Repairer, the nearest happens to be a 1.75 hour round trip 80 mile. Need to order part, they have no idea when it Willie returned and then I have to go back again to collect. No trolley at present and now need to hire one to play golf.

I suppose its just unlucky where you got it from and the nearest repair place are so far away. It will be warranty work, so at least it will get sorted FOC. My front wheel bearing went on my new Power caddy when I got it, but lucky enough there is a local repair place in Inverness, otherwise I would have been in the same boat .

Golfnut1957

Visit site

Should have bought a GoKart