Golf Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Count me in. I hate the tidal wave of Americanisms we have suffered in recent years.
That’s Microsoft and Apple with their sly introduction of their slang language.. you cannot delete their dictionaries or use English UK language only. They have also invaded European and Asian business as English is the business language..I dunno about everyone else but I find it disgusting and a form of cultural deletion

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s Microsoft and Apple with their sly introduction of their slang language.. you cannot delete their dictionaries or use English UK language only. They have also invaded European and Asian business as English is the business language..I dunno about everyone else but I find it disgusting and a form of cultural deletion

Even the spell checker on this site tries to correct my spelling to American! :mad:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
Complaining about Americans....

*It used to be.....Brits complained about how lazy the Americans are.....never walked anywhere. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be.....Brits complaining about Americans and their love of cars that are too big. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be....Brits complaining about Americans and how fat they are. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be....Brits complaining about crappy American tv shows. Look what has happened here in the UK now.

I could go on......people just like to complain about "other" people.....

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Complaining about Americans....

*It used to be.....Brits complained about how lazy the Americans are.....never walked anywhere. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be.....Brits complaining about Americans and their love of cars that are too big. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be....Brits complaining about Americans and how fat they are. Look what has happened here in the UK now.
*It used to be....Brits complaining about crappy American tv shows. Look what has happened here in the UK now.

I could go on......people just like to complain about "other" people.....

I wasn’t complaining about Americans, the people … I was complaining about AmericanISMS in speech.

Mandofred

Visit site
I wasn’t complaining about Americans, the people … I was complaining about AmericanISMS in speech.
It wasn't about you.....(y) although....there are plenty of crazy Americans....the people. Often stated.....I might be one of them:eek:

After living in a number of countries over the years.....I just get tired of people picking on other countries. Yes...that includes Americans being total ****** towards other countries. I'm still amazed the world is still surviving with all the crazy humans.....

Bringing it semi back to golf.....if I were more unbalanced than I already am.....my latest rounds of crappy golf would be enough to send me over the edge:mad::poop:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday in a comp a player who had to be repeatedly told by both myself and my partner not to stand behind either of us when we are taking a shot and would often be moving around in earshot (single seat buggy user) whilst we were doing the same.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Count me in. I hate the tidal wave of Americanisms we have suffered in recent years.
I have been responsible for our Handbook for years. A couple of years ago it was put on the website and more recently it was turned in to a PDF by someone else. Doing my annual check and update I found that a lot of the spelling had become the American version and not the English one
eg .. ized instead of .. ised.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me and a mate put in a casual round card in yesterday for a laugh, he shot 42 points I was 41 lol. Got cut from 13.1 to 12.3.
Happy with the cut but miffed that it doesn't seem to take into account we were playing off the yellow tees. The course is much harder from the whites and there's no way I could shoot 41 points of the comp tees.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Me and a mate put in a casual round card in yesterday for a laugh, he shot 42 points I was 41 lol. Got cut from 13.1 to 12.3.
Happy with the cut but miffed that it doesn't seem to take into account we were playing off the yellow tees. The course is much harder from the whites and there's no way I could shoot 41 points of the comp tees.
Was it a card, if so did you indicate tees played? The yellow tees will most likely have a different course rating & slope, what differential for the round has gone on your record?