Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
More patience than me, I would have went home before enduring than ridiculous situation.
Same. I would have been in the bar or on my way home rather than waiting 30 minutes to tee off on the 10th.

The last time I played the Brabazon I walked off after 9. There was about an hour wait due to everyone stopping at the halfway house, then hitting 2 shots of the 10th tee and taking photos.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not the system that's at fault it's people teeing off as soon as the group in front is out of range. If they had the sense to wait a couple of minutes there wouldn't be a problem.
No matter if the tee intervals are 5 , 7, 8. 10 or minutes apart , you'll catch up if/when a few players use their 3 minutes search searching.:cry:

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Same. I would have been in the bar or on my way home rather than waiting 30 minutes to tee off on the 10th.

The last time I played the Brabazon I walked off after 9. There was about an hour wait due to everyone stopping at the halfway house, then hitting 2 shots of the 10th tee and taking photos.

That is why I never play at one of my local courses, even though I can play it for free given that it has reciprocal arrangements with my club. In the past I have played the first 9 there with no pressure whatsoever in front, only to find 6 groups waiting on the 10th tee. ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Committee of 3 "notified" that we will be doing away with booking system, but have postponed that decision due to formal written complaints over no consultation or canvassing of members' opinions.
If it goes to a vote, I believe we will continue with the booking system and a one-tee only start.
I always enjoyed the roll-ups, but the benefits of a booking system outweigh any negatives for the majority, I believe.
I have no desire to force my personal wishes regarding start times upon others who might be in a majority and hold a different view when we all pay the same subs.
I hope management will be persuaded to take that view also.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you love your new golf bag apart from two minor things that really annoy you. Got the Big Max Drilite Hybrid, and it's great, but I just hate where they put the umbrella holder. It's on the underneath side, so when it's on the trolley it's wedge against it, and when you're carrying, gravity kind of makes it droop over time as it loosens the tie-up thing that's meant to hold it. Why didn't they just put the umbrella holder on the top side?? And the other thing was the cool pocket, which is quite tight so I snag the back of my hand against the zip each time I get my bottle out. ??‍♂️ Superb bag otherwise!!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
When you love your new golf bag apart from two minor things that really annoy you. Got the Big Max Drilite Hybrid, and it's great, but I just hate where they put the umbrella holder. It's on the underneath side, so when it's on the trolley it's wedge against it, and when you're carrying, gravity kind of makes it droop over time as it loosens the tie-up thing that's meant to hold it. Why didn't they just put the umbrella holder on the top side?? And the other thing was the cool pocket, which is quite tight so I snag the back of my hand against the zip each time I get my bottle out. ??‍♂️ Superb bag otherwise!!
Does it not have 2 places for an umbrella like the cart bags?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As above but we were last to the tee so we still to wait..
Cant say I've played to often on a 2 tee start course but when I have people playing the hole before had priority, so if you were playing 9 and some one teed of 10 when you caught up they had to stand aside. Have to say I'm glad we don't have this. I can't think of a single club up here that has a 2 tee start

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cant say I've played to often on a 2 tee start course but when I have people playing the hole before had priority, so if you were playing 9 and some one teed of 10 when you caught up they had to stand aside. Have to say I'm glad we don't have this. I can't think of a single club up here that has a 2 tee start
I'm hoping that in a few weeks there will be 1 less down here.....

D

Deleted member 3432

I'm hoping that in a few weeks there will be 1 less down here.....

Common sense applied would make a 2 tee start viable if a booking system was in place to prevent the hoards rocking up at the same time.

Maybe many clubs are just wanting to piss off all the new players and go back to the 'good old days' of a less than full membership..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try having a three tee start like ours has. :cautious:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
BRS Golf App has changed the interface - for the worse.
Why must people keep fiddling around with things that are just fine as they are?
(Actually, there has always been one thing wrong with the BRS App - it takes too long to load. But they haven't fixed that).

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
BRS Golf App has changed the interface - for the worse.
Why must people keep fiddling around with things that are just fine as they are?
(Actually, there has always been one thing wrong with the BRS App - it takes too long to load. But they haven't fixed that).
Just updated mine and it's certainly different but looks OK to me - and mine loads quickly

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Cant seem to find the buddies and usually the show up as a different colour?
Seems most tabs are just showing the same thing