Golf Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my shovels were due this weekend, just had the call from the pro, there is a shortage of Project X LX shafts, so going to be late in coming, could be up to 2 weeks:rolleyes::poop:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Trying to get some short game work in. Bloody cold and dark far too early. Add in the recurring irritation of regular Saturday golfers not getting a game as it's fastest finger first to get tee times and slots being booked by members and guests. Hopefully we aren't allowing members guests or visitors from 1st November so there should be more spaces

D

Deleted member 18588

my shovels were due this weekend, just had the call from the pro, there is a shortage of Project X LX shafts, so going to be late in coming, could be up to 2 weeks:rolleyes::poop:
I had to cancel my custom fit order with Mizuno as the lead time went from 3 weeks to 11, "with luck".

The excuse was delays with China, OK but UST Mamiya shafts are produced in Bangladesh.

As I had already sold my previous set I had to buy off the shelf and got a retro fitting with the club builder/repairer I have used for years.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
My fellow driving range goers turning up with a bag of old balls (commando, dunlops, topgolf!!). Nothing worse than those balls being recycled and ending up in my basket next time!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My fellow driving range goers turning up with a bag of old balls (commando, dunlops, topgolf!!). Nothing worse than those balls being recycled and ending up in my basket next time!

Don't you love seeing a non-range ball in the middle of the bag. Usually turns out to be a real cast off that flies even more poorly than the range balls. Not a lot you can do though other than simply chip them back out if you don't want to give them a proper smack

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Very random one, the blustery wind this evening was not from the usual prevailing directions and blew my foam practice balls about a bit at times ??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We brought in carry only from yesterday which is annoying enough but you deal with it

9 hole comp today tee off 12:34

Course closes 12:00 after some rain

Appreciate it's been very wet but it's suppose to be links style they really need to address the drainage issues

sunshine

Visit site
We brought in carry only from yesterday which is annoying enough but you deal with it

9 hole comp today tee off 12:34

Course closes 12:00 after some rain

Appreciate it's been very wet but it's suppose to be links style they really need to address the drainage issues

What is "links style"? At the end of the day, however much it looks like a links in summer, the holes will only play like a links if they are build on sand.

D

Deleted member 3432

Got a day leave tomorrow and at the moment I can't be bothered playing - or indeed even asking my Mrs if I can...
I'm on 6 says off, various combinations of heavy rain and 40mph plus winds forecast throughout so no golf for me by the look of things.
Local range is closed while they upgrade it and next nearest is 40 miles away so no range either....
Been to the gym instead.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lol thanks Homer, that gave me a chuckle
Glad it cheered someone up. Watched a Danny Maude video last night which clicked -
so been rehearsing the moves at home. Hopefully off to the range tomorrow night to see if it makes a difference. If not I can see a lesson being booked with my usual teaching pro soon (subject to getting a slot as he's always booked up in advance)