Golf Random Irritations

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad it cheered someone up. Watched a Danny Maude video last night which clicked -
so been rehearsing the moves at home. Hopefully off to the range tomorrow night to see if it makes a difference. If not I can see a lesson being booked with my usual teaching pro soon (subject to getting a slot as he's always booked up in advance)
As you have been following a lot of his stuff, why not have a lesson with Danny Maude

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As you have been following a lot of his stuff, why not have a lesson with Danny Maude

Time and potentially cost the two biggest restrictions. I think I may have one lesson from a block I booked with the guy I use left or it'll be relatively cheap if I have to pay. I would like to get to have a lesson with Danny at some point in the future, especially around the short game. Summer 2021 when it's warm, I have more leave I can use sounds good

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have lost the ability to swing the club. It doesn't feel right on the way back, pretty sure the left knee is collapsing and getting stuck on the way down. Aside from that I don't think my game is too bad

On the plus side, worked very hard on the takeaway at the range tonight. Trying to get back lower and wider takeaway and more together and the hands higher. This helped a lot

Started to find a kernel of something. Definitely feels like less moving parts which is good. Posture feels a little more upright. I am still having to flare the left foot right out to feel as though I can clear the hips but aside from that I was quite happy. The driver was the elephant in the room and very in and out so remains a work in progress and I fear the weak link on the course this weekend. If I can keep it in play (distance is always an issue so going down to a 3 wood takes even more holes out of range in two) then I feel it may be able to move forward. Here's hoping. Not so much an ongoing irritation as a nervous itch I can't quite scratch

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played 3 1/2 holes today. Supposed to be the last medal of the year. Miserable conditions, and really can't see the point in staying out in that.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A mates lad was having a lesson this morning. Fortunately there's a covered area they can work from in the practice ground.
Barely a car in the car park - can't believe anyone enjoys playing in that..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A mates lad was having a lesson this morning. Fortunately there's a covered area they can work from in the practice ground.
Barely a car in the car park - can't believe anyone enjoys playing in that..

We were great for 9 holes and then it simply hosed down halfway down the 10th. Two bailed after holing out on the 10th green but one PP and I played 11 (made par) and it looked like it was easing off so we teed off on 12. Lashed it down again and so bailed at that point as it was the last time we were reasonably close to the clubhouse

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Bought a set of pulled shafted off Ebay to go with some heads I've acquired. Heads are 3, 4, 5 & 6, pulled shafted were 4 - PW taper tips, so I ordered a new 3 iron shaft. Doing some work on them this evening I find that whilst they might have been pulled from a set that was 4 - PW, they'd been soft-stepped once so the shafts I had were in fact 3 - 9 iron, and the new shaft wasn't needed. :mad: