Golf on Xmas Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
self inflicted that! :rofl:

double cardinal sin here I played one xmas morning in a 6 ball at the time our regular sat am group, course was empty so we just all played togetehr

No idea what you mean Sir :p

I played in a 6 ball Sat afternoon , nobody cared as there was no one out behind us

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a common occurrence to play on Xmas day in South Africa. Weather makes a big difference though doesn't it?

The only time I've played on Christmas Day was at King David GC in Capetown, a Jewish club so was open as normal. Great to play on Christmas Day in shorts and a polo shirt. Usually have a knock early on Boxing Day weather permitting.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive done it twice, both while on holiday Spanish/Portuguese countries as they tend to celebrate Xmas eve much more than the day so most things are open as usual.

It was a good feeling and one I would happily do in this country if the weather lends itself.

Meeko

Hacker
Visit site
Got a bit bored last xmas and as I just literally stay over the road from a course I took my putter and wedges down and practiced abit on the 6th green. Didn't see anyone at all and I was there for a good hour or two. Might take the whole bag down and get a free round in this time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will never happen but I would love to get out early on Xmas morning for 9 holes. Out on my own, clear my head before heading back for a day of family sounds good to me.