Retirement?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
There you go Billy ?

THE DASH
the poem by Linda Ellis
I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on the tombstone from the beginning... to the end.
He noted that first came the date of birth and spoke of the following date with tears, but he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.
For that dash represents all the time they spent alive on earth and now only those who loved them know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not, how much we own, the cars... the house... the cash. What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.
So think about this long and hard; are there things you'd like to change? For you never know how much time is left that still can be rearranged.
To be less quick to anger and show appreciation more and love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile... remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.
So when your eulogy is being read, with your life's actions to rehash, would you be proud of the things they say about how you lived your dash?
Or sausages and hash lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And I found this pm from my manager who will put my request though the system, suggestion by him is 1st Feb rather than 1st March too drop Fridays. OK with me. I'm guessing it helps cut costs to push through asap.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This has suddenly got depressing. I was thinking about knocking a couple of days off a week, and now we are talking about burial. That's some leap.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
This has suddenly got depressing. I was thinking about knocking a couple of days off a week, and now we are talking about burial. That's some leap.

I was on a call this week when the renewal of a lease on a Radio Site was being discussed... it then hit me that when this site is next renewed, not only will I not be working, I might not be breathing! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It was a sobering thought.

My boss is now convinced that if I drop to 3 days a week, I will see out this programme (March 2023) - well, I might manage that, but right now I think there is no chance! :) As soon as the courses open and the sun comes out...see ya!! (might do a bit in the winters though if the day rate is right!)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was on a call this week when the renewal of a lease on a Radio Site was being discussed... it then hit me that when this site is next renewed, not only will I not be working, I might not be breathing! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It was a sobering thought.

My boss is now convinced that if I drop to 3 days a week, I will see out this programme (March 2023) - well, I might manage that, but right now I think there is no chance! :) As soon as the courses open and the sun comes out...see ya!! (might do a bit in the winters though if the day rate is right!)
Indeed - I've now set expectation of end August as earliest date for me to hang my boots up...and if things look OK for my lad and him getting back on his feet by then then I think I could just end up going for that. I contractually have to give 3months notice and that would mean triggering end-May and I doubt the future will be clear by then, however I'm thinking my company would accept a much shorter notice period given the nature of my current assignment. We'll see.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Indeed - I've now set expectation of end August as earliest date for me to hang my boots up...and if things look OK for my lad and him getting back on his feet by then then I think I could just end up going for that. I contractually have to give 3months notice and that would mean triggering end-May and I doubt the future will be clear by then, however I'm thinking my company would accept a much shorter notice period given the nature of my current assignment. We'll see.
I know a few guys that took early retirement then went back as consultants .

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I know a few guys that took early retirement then went back as consultants .
Well - if I did that it wouldn't be for my current employer - but I'm not going to do that as my early retirement isn't going to be that early.

I can easy work two days a week doing volunteering in my church cafe - maybe spending some of a 3rd day doing baking to sell in it. Now that feels like the sort of early retirement work for me.