Golf on Xmas Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

A lad I play with used to play every Xmas morning with another lad (he's Jewish) his kids were grown up and there was only him and the missus there so he'd play golf while his wife cracked on with dinner.

D

Deleted member 18588

If I played golf on Christmas Day who would cook the dinner?

In any event it is forbidden at our club. The access road is chained off to prevent it becoming a Public Right of Way.

A couple of members did play a few years ago (limboed under the chains) and were disciplined which I thought was a bit OTT.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a common occurrence to play on Xmas day in South Africa. Weather makes a big difference though doesn't it?

Indeed. One New Year's Day I swam 40 lengths in outdoor swimming pool starting at 8am in South Africa.
Sobered up somewhere around length 36...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boxing Day is a great day to go out. Not 18 holes but a quick 9 or so and then a beer in the clubhouse before going home for more family stuff. My old club used to run a texas scramble that was hugely popular. I am trying to persuade my current one to do something similar.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I will prob get shot down on here but me and the missus play on Xmas morning! Up nice and early play 9-14 holes them home by 10 for mushrooms on toast!

we are not the only ones out as a few other members are spotted around the course :)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not golf but when i was young free and single i used to play tennis every Christmas morning , good blow out for the day ahead

Now i get dragged out of bed round 6 and get to listen to the NOISEY toys Santa decided bring ..

I prefer it now tho :)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not golf but when i was young free and single i used to play tennis every Christmas morning , good blow out for the day ahead

Now i get dragged out of bed round 6 and get to listen to the NOISEY toys Santa decided bring ..

I prefer it now tho :)

self inflicted that! :rofl:

double cardinal sin here I played one xmas morning in a 6 ball at the time our regular sat am group, course was empty so we just all played togetehr

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a couple of guys i know play every Christmas morning, but they live in the same road as the club.

Been once when the current Mrs148 gave me some golf clubs for Christmas, so had a reason to go.

if i lived in Nairn,no doubt i would ;)