Golf Monthly Magazine Deal

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Just incase you haven't seen it and are not already a subscriber (I got the mags through work before) there is an offer on to subscribe for £6.66 for the first 6 issues. Just signed up myself!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Sweet deal that. I got an offer where you got 24 Nike balls, a couple of sleeves of each of their current range so you could see which one suited you best. So assuming you would end up buying 24 balls anyway for say 20 quid a box, I ended up paying something like 5 quid for the years subscription to the mag.

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
I'm obviously somewhat biased, but I think at £1.11 per issue this is a really great deal for newbies to try the mag, or those who haven't read it for a few years to give it another go and see how much it has improved recently!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm obviously somewhat biased, but I think at £1.11 per issue this is a really great deal for newbies to try the mag, or those who haven't read it for a few years to give it another go and see how much it has improved recently!

What about us who've subscribed for a while now?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

And this month MikeH has managed to slip a real ale flyer into it!!

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
What about us who've subscribed for a while now?

Always difficult to keep everyone happy Chris! If I were you I'd keep my sub rolling until a deal came along I liked, like a wedge or dozen balls I played, and then cancel and renew. This probably isn't the company policy, but hopefully gives you better value for money. We've also discussed making our reader opportunities open to subscribers only, with mixed opinions among the staff here, so that may or may not appear at some point.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I always get my subscription renewed as a xmas pressie. Always think i'm missing out somehow. I do think long time subscribers should automatically get the offers, ie a dozen balls at renewal.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always get my subscription renewed as a xmas pressie. Always think i'm missing out somehow. I do think long time subscribers should automatically get the offers, ie a dozen balls at renewal.

An understandable comment but these offers are just the incentive to bring in new subscribers. Just like the catch with this 6 issue deal is that you need to also sign up for an ongoing DD subscription afterwards.

It just wouldn't be cost effective to give them to every subscriber, every year. Long term subscribers get a magazine they obviously like delivered to their door for a fair discount on the cost of buying every issue off the shelf.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Always difficult to keep everyone happy Chris! If I were you I'd keep my sub rolling until a deal came along I liked, like a wedge or dozen balls I played, and then cancel and renew. This probably isn't the company policy, but hopefully gives you better value for money. We've also discussed making our reader opportunities open to subscribers only, with mixed opinions among the staff here, so that may or may not appear at some point.

To be honest Jake I'm happy enough

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

An understandable comment but these offers are just the incentive to bring in new subscribers. Just like the catch with this 6 issue deal is that you need to also sign up for an ongoing DD subscription afterwards.

It just wouldn't be cost effective to give them to every subscriber, every year. Long term subscribers get a magazine they obviously like delivered to their door for a fair discount on the cost of buying every issue off the shelf.

At the risk of being Fraggered, ;) I would point out that I have other magazine subscriptions and one of them does exactly that. I'm not sure, having just seen what I believe is the renewal DD in the bank account, that the discount is that much; certainly not when compared with the motorcycle magazines I have on subscription.

It's not a complaint, merely an observation offered as a discussion point.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
When you go to the US you can get subscriptions to mags for peanuts. I worked out it was cheaper to subscribe to one of the golf mags there for a year than to buy 2 copies at the cover price. Crazy.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I couldnt turn this down, ive always just picked it up monthly in Asda but this is insane get it while you can folks

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site

A lot of people seem to forget that when ever they took out their first subscription they got the gift or the big discount and repeat subscribers get a 22% discount on the cover price plus we have the subscriber rewards programme that offers bespoke benefits (aiming to get more golf specific ones on board next year) but as a business there’s no way we could afford to send everyone who renewed a dozen premium golf balls!