Golf Monthly Magazine Deal

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
We've also discussed making our reader opportunities open to subscribers only, with mixed opinions among the staff here, so that may or may not appear at some point.

Why don't you just weight it in favour of subscribers so if it's for three or four people the majority selected could be subscribers?

I've subscribed for a while now and have at times contemplated cancelling and renewing as the subscriber rewards don't really tickle my fancy but every now and then there are stellar offers on...

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I got my subscribers copy yesterday. Think the post was reallly affected by how the holidays have fallen

I posted a birthday card 1st class on the 24th and it only arrived in Liverpool on the 30th

the magazine gets send 2nd class

apologies for the delays

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Got my subscriber copy yesterday as well. Good read so far, and I didn't laugh at someone falling into a ditch at Liphook.:whistle:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got my subscribers copy yesterday. Think the post was reallly affected by how the holidays have fallen

I posted a birthday card 1st class on the 24th and it only arrived in Liverpool on the 30th

apologies for the delays

Yes got that Mike. Hopefully the mag will be on its way, cheers.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got mine yesterday as well.

Great read really happy, the features on Andy Sullivan and Jason Day were eye opening

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a complete nightmare sorting my subscription:

1) did the online jobbie and waited two weeks to then get an email saying my debit card did not go through .

2) rang customer service who then took the payment only to wait again and get another email saying money can't be taken!

3) called for the 2nd time and again payment tried again, guess what nothing! So gave up

4) applied online for the £27 deal and still waiting for confirmation only to notice the original payment request 4 weeks a go has now come out of my account :(

5) I tried logging on to my iPad account to download the Feb magazine and still being asked to pay for it, sigh !

looks like another call on Monday to sort this mess out! If it was not for the excellent publication and great forum I would have sacked this off by now !

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

apologies for the delays

Blimey, didn't know Time Inc were that tight that you have to subscribe to read the mag you edit. ;)

Mine hasn't turned up yet but I'm sure it's in the post. As the saying goes.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got mine yesterday, I know from previous subscriptions it usually comes the Monday before its out in the shops. But nothing wrong with the delay at this time of year, just means that there is less time to wait before the next issue.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hmm, well, I have to say, I don't understand the way subscription works. I decided to subscribe on 3rd November 2015, a couple of days later I received a copy of the November issue (on sale 1-28 October) which I'd already bought off the shelf, so I then had two copies of the same issue. My confirmation email says my start issue will be March '16 and I'll receive it on or around 22 January '16. I've missed the December issue and I don't know whether or not to get the January issue off the shelf or carry on waiting for it to arrive. And will I get a February issue? I honestly don't know.

Is it really that difficult to subscribe and start receiving magazines?

This is not a complaint, happy to carry on waiting for whatever issue arrives in the post, but hopefully this sort of feedback helps improve things for the future of the magazine.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
F
Hmm, well, I have to say, I don't understand the way subscription works. I decided to subscribe on 3rd November 2015, a couple of days later I received a copy of the November issue (on sale 1-28 October) which I'd already bought off the shelf, so I then had two copies of the same issue. My confirmation email says my start issue will be March '16 and I'll receive it on or around 22 January '16. I've missed the December issue and I don't know whether or not to get the January issue off the shelf or carry on waiting for it to arrive. And will I get a February issue? I honestly don't know.

This is not a complaint, happy to carry on waiting for whatever issue arrives in the post, but hopefully this sort of feedback helps improve things for the future of the magazine.

I assume it's something to do with print runs on hard copies. So they probably plan how many issues they print a couple of months in advance so that is why the subscriptions don't start straight away? Possibly the digital only option is quicker?

I've had massive issues with a rival golf mag subscriptions. They decided to move from the royal mail to a hand delivery service in my area. Trouble is the person hand delivering mine never bothered, possibly because I live down a country lane, so didn't receive any mags for 3 months and counting. Despite many calls to them.

Last edited:

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Sorry to hear about various issues taking out subscriptions. If you email me direct with the problems you've had and include name address and if you have it a subscriber number m I can forward on straight to the head of customer service and the issue normally gets resolved pronto.
Have to say our subscriptions fulfilment proceedure for new subscribers often leaves a lot to be desired.
As HK says there is a time lag as with print lead times and the act we order in advance means we can't often send an issue for 6 weeks which in these days of Amazon prime where you get what you ordered online the next day it is very frustrating
Sadly they are based in Leicestershire and us in London so can only kick someone's ass over email!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

At least you've received a mag mate, I subscribed on 2nd November and haven't had anything yet.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear about various issues taking out subscriptions. If you email me direct with the problems you've had and include name address and if you have it a subscriber number m I can forward on straight to the head of customer service and the issue normally gets resolved pronto.
Have to say our subscriptions fulfilment proceedure for new subscribers often leaves a lot to be desired.
As HK says there is a time lag as with print lead times and the act we order in advance means we can't often send an issue for 6 weeks which in these days of Amazon prime where you get what you ordered online the next day it is very frustrating
Sadly they are based in Leicestershire and us in London so can only kick someone's ass over email!

Email sent.