Golf in Northumberland

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Due to go on holiday fairly close to Belford/Lucker, not really been to this area.

Have already got Seahouses golf club booked up, from a search on here before.

Do not need to be top notch courses, really interested in courses that have great terrain like elevated tees, valleys, views of hills, trees, dunes, sea etc, so will bring a smile the face or kind of a wow reaction. Needs to be playable for my good wife without any massive carries over rough or heather.

Any recommendations of courses within about an hour of this area ?

Cheers:thup:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Goswick
Bamburgh
Dunstanburgh castle
Burgham park
Alnmouth
Foxton Hall

Should all fit within required driving distance you're looking for

Can't argue with that list. I'd go Foxton first. Bamburgh has spectacular scenery, probably the best in the county, but don't pay over the top for it. Alnmouth Village is a gentle course if your wife doesn't hit it a long way and has some good views.

Burgham is my place. Nice course but I don't think it fits your brief.

Dunstanburgh is another good shout, ticks the boxes you have identified. Be aware that Dunstanburgh and Alnmouth have walkers on a fair bit of the course at this time of year. Goes with the territory.

I haven't played Goswick.

Enjoy.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The views from Bamburgh are terrific. Alnmouth, Foxton Hall is a lovely course.
This has saved me a load of writing. You won't be bothered if you play rubbish. Just make sure you have a decent camera at Bamburgh.
The two above were our Fave courses in Northumberland.
Where are you staying. Oops just read it, have a beer in the ship in seahouses, lovely pub.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not played Bamburgh, but have played Dunstanburgh a few times and it's a lovely course, the par 3 toward the castle is a favourite.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Dunstanburgh last year and didn’t rate it at all. There are a few good holes but the holes up a height from the 2nd are poor and I thought the Par 3s were poor. The one towards the castle was impossible as the ground was so hard. It was like landing a ball on an ice rink. No matter where the ball pitched it just kept going and off the back. I think 1 of 28 stayed on the green.

Bamburgh however was wonderful. If your in the area do not miss out the chance to play here. The view from the 4th(I think) tee across the water is breathtaking.

D

Deleted member 21258

Many thanks for suggestions, Bawburgh sounds great. Hopefully have time for some of the others, but will see.

Thanks again.:thup: