Budget golf in Algarve

• Thread starter Deleted member 31467
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31467

Hello knowledgeable folks....

Off to Albufeira for a week next month with the other half, she doesn't play but has given permission to take my clubs as she is happy to walk/buggy round with me. I have virtually zero knowledge of golf in the area so looking for some advice on courses to play please. Not looking at high end stuff as it will be just a bit of holiday exercise. Will have a car so can travel. Recommendations please for lower/mid range courses?
I played San Lorenzo, Peninha and Salgados many years ago so prefer to avoid them and play somewhere new.

TIA

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Can Echo Silves. Has recently had a bit of work done and been rerouted with a nice new club house. A good half dozen nice holes at least.

Worst time of year looming for bargains, but there might be a few options for twilight rounds.

I tend to use algarvepackage.com a few other similar sites, but I think you'll struggle for real bargains in October.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Morgado and Alamos, a shortish drive from Lagos, are both on the same site and well worth a visit. I’m not sure of the prices, but they’ll certainly be less than the resort courses further east.

D

Deleted member 31467

Many thanks, I'll check out all those suggestions and look at the package prices for them (y)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When asking for prices enquire about the twilight round prices and tee off times to make sure you can get 18 holes in

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When we are in Lagos we play twilight rounds at Boavista, Espiche and Penina.
Did it work out much cheaper and did you get 18 holes in. It worked out considerably cheaper for me but I bet that was 8 yrs ago.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Vale de Lobo does a twilight rate with a buggy for maybe €70?
Take a look at Pinheiros Altos which may be reasonable too.

D

Deleted member 1147

You can look either side of Vilamoura for cheaper golf; Alves is a nice town and courses such as Gramacho, Silves etc are that end (West), or go to Tavira (East) with Quinta de Cima, Quinta de Ria and Benamor.

D

Deleted member 31467

Thanks everyone, will check out all your suggestions.