Golf etiquette (faster play)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry but how on earth can you get bored with playing with someone "at a different stage"

Surely for one the handicap system makes it interesting as his 98 to your 88 what's the handicap difference? Did you beat him?

Then their is the fact it's social aspect so spending time chatting to your mate

I'm playing this afternoon with a 14 handicap friend I'm off 21 we never get bored... Infact few weeks ago I hit a 91 and he had a 95 beat him without the need for handicaps

Golf isn't a game of perfect

Enjoy the time away from other parts of a hectic world

@Bamberdele21

See this afternoon we played, my mate hit 100 I hit 95 , so I beat him without handicaps

Stages of golf mean nothing on the day

Just enjoy your time out!!

Bamberdele21

Visit site
So after having a round again today with said PP it has suddenly occurred to me that he is actually not a slow player but is in-fact locked in some sort of transition phase of taking what he’s learnt from his golf lessons onto the course.

He’s quite fast paced all of a sudden.

I like him much more and I am throughly enjoying my rounds with him.

No doubt his slow play will creep in again once he’s having a bad round and all his injuries suddenly reappear.

I feel this thread can officially fizzle out now. Thanks for reading and I appreciate the honest feedback received.

D

Deleted member 1147

Despite this clearly being a windup it's actually quite amusing seeing how many muppets are engaging with the OP ?‍♂️
I’m excited to see what his next thread will be about.
His mate walks with a limp and walks further than him as a result, perhaps?

The lads enjoy a snort of coke post round, should he join them?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think I get what the OP is on about and his explanation above. I am taking a process my pro has me doing on the range onto the course. This has most definitely increased the time it takes me to play a shot - as I was previously a walk to the ball and hit it with minimal fuss or faffing. Some of my mates might well find the new me relatively slow - so I tell all I am playing with why I am doing what they’ll see me doing. Hopefully it’s just transitional.

Nowhere near as extreme as has been described by the OP though.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I think I get what the OP is on about and his explanation above. I am taking a process my pro has me doing on the range onto the course. This has most definitely increased the time it takes me to play a shot - as I was previously a walk to the ball and hit it with minimal fuss or faffing. Some of my mates might well find the new me relatively slow - so I tell all I am playing with why I am doing what they’ll see me doing. Hopefully it’s just transitional.

Nowhere near as extreme as has been described by the OP though.

Sounds as tho you are my PP just without the other stuff. But just a couple of other things while we are here….

Why does he feel the need have a round with his mobile phone on loud? Every whatsapp message will Ping the life out of me every other hole. I have my phone on silent 24/7 365 and only get notified by the vibration alert.

And why does he feel the need to ruffle through his golf bag like some sort of lost virgin desperately looking to find the G spot when I’m mid swing on a tee off.

I like him. We have a lot in common. But some of the stuff he does really gets on my tits. I know this probably isn’t the thread to start moaning but seen as we are here I thought I’d just let it all out.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds as tho you are my PP just without the other stuff. But just a couple of other things while we are here….

Why does he feel the need have a round with his mobile phone on loud? Every whatsapp message will Ping the life out of me every other hole. I have my phone on silent 24/7 365 and only get notified by the vibration alert.

And why does he feel the need to ruffle through his golf bag like some sort of lost virgin desperately looking to find the G spot when I’m mid swing on a tee off.

I like him. We have a lot in common. But some of the stuff he does really gets on my tits. I know this probably isn’t the thread to start moaning but seen as we are here I thought I’d just let it all out.

??

That’s a first time I’ve heard the G Spot mentioned on the golf forum is that the same as the sweet spot ?