Golf Data Lab

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Has anyone subscribed to, and used, Golf Data Lab?

My pro has suggesting we use it to pinpoint accurately my faults and the website isn't all that helpful?

Thanks in anticipation

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Intriguing

Anyone any ideas how you record this information? Do you have to manually record every detail during your round, or is there an app or similar?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Intriguing

Anyone any ideas how you record this information? Do you have to manually record every detail during your round, or is there an app or similar?

I only had a few minutes chat with the pro as he was running around like a blue arsed fly. He showed me a computer page of a couple of players stats, showing in dot form, according to their strengths and weaknesses, one was a + 2 golfer I believe. He said that we were going to work, in a group of lessons, on factual things that I am weakest on and not what I think I am ( unless it turns out to be the same) weakest at.

His employers are doing an offer for 8 half hour lessons for £90 which is half what they normally cost and he taught me a pitching system in 4 lessons before Christmas that is starting to work pretty well so if it helps get single figures - roll on!

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
my 2 eldest children use golf datalab. Its a very good stat recording website. takes a little getting used to noting your shots down while out on the course unless you have a good memory. The England golf squad use it to record all their stats. If you want a more detailed look into where you are loosing shots then this website is very good for that.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
my 2 eldest children use golf datalab. Its a very good stat recording website. takes a little getting used to noting your shots down while out on the course unless you have a good memory. The England golf squad use it to record all their stats. If you want a more detailed look into where you are loosing shots then this website is very good for that.

Thanks nil

The connection with the England golf squad would be right as the coach I'm using does coaching of the squad in the Kent area. Do you know if the software allows a download of anything that helps record what stats it needs?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks nil

The connection with the England golf squad would be right as the coach I'm using does coaching of the squad in the Kent area. Do you know if the software allows a download of anything that helps record what stats it needs?

Is that with PP?

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
My daughter was given some sheets by England that you out in with your scorecard to help record your shots. My children usually just get an extra scorecard and put the details on there. I could see if i could find one of those sheets this evening if you like ?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having looked at this it does seem rather interesting. It would be nice to have a demo of it before forking out the cash though.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My daughter was given some sheets by England that you out in with your scorecard to help record your shots. My children usually just get an extra scorecard and put the details on there. I could see if i could find one of those sheets this evening if you like ?

Thanks, it would be interesting to see what they are asked to record

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Any ideas how much this costs.
Do you just have to collate data and then submit to them?

I think it's £36 and you upload the stats and they put it into a format that shows your true strengths and weaknesses. The thinking being that in factual form what may be a weakness in your game, compared to others of your handicap, may not be what you assume it to be.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
have done a few screen shots of some of the pages you get in data lab just to give you an idea but having trouble getting them on this forum from work. If anybody is interested in seeing what it looks like then just PM me with your email address and i will email the pictures thro.

Debbie123

Visit site
Scottish golf squad uses this too. So does my son. It takes a bit of time to set up (putting in all your details) and they only record competition rounds but if you do this religiously it's an invaluable tool. The weaknesses my son thought he had were not the ones that became apparent when analysing his stats. There is a myriad of stats available to review and you can also compare year on year. If you're serious about improving your game this is a great weapon to have in your armoury!

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Website looks useful but no information about ease of use or prices.
I started using the taylormade myroundpro app which is free and uses the same stroke gained stats as the PGA tour.
It is very user friendly and gives enough information about different aspects of the game to help me pinpoint areas of strength and weakness.

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another user of the Taylormade app here and found it easy and somewhat practical to use on a round. Can't argue with the data tracking it does either, provides a rather detailed and no biased view on strengths and weaknesses (which backed up my thoughts)

All free which is nice too.