Golf course in 3 counties, it is unique?

DavidCh

Visit site
Hi,
Is the course I play at unique? Its address and it’s affiliated to one English county (Hertfordshire ) but the course is located in Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Are there many other courses crossing 3 states or counties?
interested to know.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Welcome to The Forum.

No idea but sure somebody will let you know of a course where you drive in one Country and putt out in another

D

Deleted Member 1156

Played at one a few years back that was in both Wiltshire and Dorset, nice course but food was ropey?
I know of the course but never played it. Originally 9 holes, it was extended to 18 across the border but one county won't allow any bunkers so it only has bunkers on 9 of the holes.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
No idea but sure somebody will let you know of a course where you drive in one Country and putt out in another
My course (Grims Dyke) straddles the Hertfordshire/Middlesex boundary.
There are several holes where you can literally drive the ball into the next county.
The clubhouse is in Middlesex, so we're officially a London club.
Only two counties, though.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum.
Best I can come up with is the Kent and Surrey Club in Edenbridge.
The club is so named because on the 5th and 13th you will tee off in Kent and putt out in Surrey.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum.
Best I can come up with is the Kent and Surrey Club in Edenbridge.
The club is so named because on the 5th and 13th you will tee off in Kent and putt out in Surrey.

I never knew that (y)
I always enjoyed playing there, usually in a society, but lots of poeple never rated it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi,
Is the course I play at unique? Its address and it’s affiliated to one English county (Hertfordshire ) but the course is located in Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Are there many other courses crossing 3 states or counties?
interested to know.

Which course is this ?

Currently racking my brain as I know a couple are in Bucks but affiliated with Beds and Woburn goes through Beds and Bucks but affliated with Bucks but can’t think of one affliated with Herts ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not 3 but 2
our nine hole course wind in a out of Dorset and Somerset as you cross an recross the river.

We play in the 3 Counties League does that count?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know of the course but never played it. Originally 9 holes, it was extended to 18 across the border but one county won't allow any bunkers so it only has bunkers on 9 of the holes.

Are you thinking of Rushmore.

I thought that the reason is that the part that is in Rushmore Park has restrictions on it based upon the historic aspects of the site. Some of the trees they were not allowed to remove make one or two of the holes very interesting.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you thinking of Rushmore.

I thought that the reason is that the part that is in Rushmore Park has restrictions on it based upon the historic aspects of the site. Some of the trees they were not allowed to remove make one or two of the holes very interesting.
Rushmore is the one, cheers

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Same here.From the photos it looks quite nice and reports say it is worth a visit.We were going to have a day this summer.?. Hopefully, later....