Golf Clubs and Courses that have disappeard

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: John Llewellyn

not sure if you are still doing this John but a few to add to your list

Mentmore closed recently (both Rothschild and Roseberry) courses though it is expected that it will reopen at some point.

Was also told that Rye Hill over by Banbury has gone into administration last friday too

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I have to keep in contact with a lot of golf clubs/courses throughout the Midlands due to my mapping for Skycaddie, on telephoning Tamworth Golf Club last July I was informed they were closing or now maybe closed!

Anyone have an update?

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site

not sure if you are still doing this John but a few to add to your list

Mentmore closed recently (both Rothschild and Roseberry) courses though it is expected that it will reopen at some point.

Was also told that Rye Hill over by Banbury has gone into administration last friday too

Thank you for reviving this thread, need all the help I can get preserving the history of these soon forgotten clubs.

And yes, the www.golfsmissinglinks.co.uk website is still going strong.

I will check these clubs out to see if I can find any more info. If you find out anything more please let me know.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Any idea when it closed? The website is still recording the golf course.

According to the local rag memberships were cancelled at the beginning of April and it was just a pay and play course until the end of the month. I notice it looked a bit overgrown last weekend so went to have a look and it looks like it hasnt been used for a few weeks.

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site

According to the local rag memberships were cancelled at the beginning of April and it was just a pay and play course until the end of the month. I notice it looked a bit overgrown last weekend so went to have a look and it looks like it hasnt been used for a few weeks.

It would be much appreciated if you could send me a couple of pictures of the overgrown course.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Not sure if you're still monitoring this thread but Kyngs Golf & Country Club in Leicestershire has closed and rumours are that it will not be reopened as a golf course.

Short lived having only opened about 5 years ago. Never got to play it myself but it looked to have potential to develop into a decent course.

http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/69590/Kyngs_Golf_and_Country_Club.html
http://www.golfclubmanagement.net/2016/10/at-least-four-uk-golf-clubs-close-down/

Cheers, always happy to receive info on defunct courses.

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
'The Orchard Golf Course' in Huntley, Gloucestershire has closed down now for housing I believe. Shame as it was a nice 9 hole, 18 tee course that my early golf (8 - 10 years ago) was played at.