Golf Clubs and Courses that have disappeard

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: John Llewellyn

Rumour has it Boysnope golf club in Eccles has been bought by Peel holdings and will no longer be a golf club.

Think its going to be an extension of Barton airfield.

Banzai

Medal Winner
Visit site

Pretty sure that a course where i spent many saturdays as a teenager learning the game has now gone, it opened as "Osiers Farm" in 1990 or so and later changed its name to Petworth Golf Club. Been put back to farmland i beleive in the last few years.

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Pretty sure that a course where i spent many saturdays as a teenager learning the game has now gone, it opened as "Osiers Farm" in 1990 or so and later changed its name to Petworth Golf Club. Been put back to farmland i beleive in the last few years.

Thanks. I think it was also called Petworth Downs Golf Club. Do you know the date or year of closure?

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site

Peover Golf Club in Cheshire which is near to me closed its doors a month or so a go to turn in to a Wedding Venue!
There are some very disgruntled member as the club went into administration and just shut the doors, members turning up for a comp being turned away. Run as a typical propriertorial club owned by farmers which just had all the income hoovered up by the family.

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Peover Golf Club in Cheshire which is near to me closed its doors a month or so a go to turn in to a Wedding Venue!
There are some very disgruntled member as the club went into administration and just shut the doors, members turning up for a comp being turned away. Run as a typical propriertorial club owned by farmers which just had all the income hoovered up by the family.

Mark, thank you for confirming the closure of Peover GC, it's a really bad time for the members in a situation like this, unfortunately it's not uncommon nowadays.

I will put an entry on the GML website to preserve the short history of the club. Would you by any chance have a scorecard for the Peover course?

I have heard that Liskeard G&CC in Cornwall may also be closing. I may have to start another thread to confirm this.

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site

Rumour has it Boysnope golf club in Eccles has been bought by Peel holdings and will no longer be a golf club.

Think its going to be an extension of Barton airfield.

Shouldn`t take too long to turn it back then!!!:whistle:

Last edited:

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If anyone (former members etc) can help with information regarding recently closed courses I would love to hear from them.
Please "Contact Me" with information through my free website Golf's Missing Links www.golfsmissinglinks.co.uk
Unfortunately there seems to be a glut of recent closures and I would like to record the history of the clubs on the website before they disappear into the ether.

Does anyone have any information regarding the possible closure of Liskeard G&CC in Cornwall in November 2014?