Golf club insurance question

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was playing as a guest yesterday at a tight course surrounded by houses. Pulled a drive left and it hit the roof of a parked car leaving a nasty dent.

Gave my contact details to the owner who is going to get a price to repair it.

The clubhouse was closed so I couldn’t report it to the club, but I was wondering whether this sort of thing is normally covered by the club’s insurance and whether it extends to guests. I’m assuming not, but there is no harm asking!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Get your own!! It's just a no brainer to make sure you are covered for public liability when you are launching golf balls at 100mph+

If you have to pay for that repair, you are looking at £400 minimum, about the same as 15 years of the premium for a decent golf insurance policy.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at the England Golf website, the good news is that you are covered at any club. The bad news is there is a £500 excess for damage to 3rd party property so will still be expensive

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was playing as a guest yesterday at a tight course surrounded by houses. Pulled a drive left and it hit the roof of a parked car leaving a nasty dent.

Gave my contact details to the owner who is going to get a price to repair it.

The clubhouse was closed so I couldn’t report it to the club, but I was wondering whether this sort of thing is normally covered by the club’s insurance and whether it extends to guests. I’m assuming not, but there is no harm asking!

I don't know but I hope everything is sorted without too much cost to you.

Big up to you for being honest.???

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well done for doing the right thing and leaving your details. I hope it gets sorted. I am not sure whether all members in England are covered by an EGU insurance and the ins and outs and my club never seem sure when the question has been raised so I am happy having my own insurance and know I am covered

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't know but I hope everything is sorted without too much cost to you.

Big up to you for being honest.???
The guy seemed to think it could be knocked out, I'm not so sure. He told me his son's car got the windscreen put through last week from a similar shot.

Why would anyone buy a house adjacent to the fairway on the first hole?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why is it not helpful to advise somebody to get insured against damages or injury that they may cause from playing golf??

Where do I begin?

Your condescending tone, "it's a no brainer" was not good.

Also, the OP had already had this unfortunate incident and on here looking for advice, the "told you so" attitude didn't help.

How long have you been paying for insurance and never used it?

Last edited:

Boomy

Visit site
I know at our club they have insurance which covers members/visitors and any incident has to be reported as soon as possible so they can deal with it promptly. I’d speak to them first thing tomorrow and report it, certainly won’t harm. Speaking to our secretary about insurance a few weeks ago he was saying they usually just pay for any repair/damage without using the insurance to protect premium - it’s just there for anything big (hopefully never used ?) I took out Chubb golf insurance which is designed to work with the England Golf cover - it’s a very comprehensive package (with £5,000 cover for kit) and only £33pa.