Golf club insurance question

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Where do I begin?

Your condescending tone, "it's a no brainer" was not good.

Also, the OP had already had this unfortunate incident and on here looking for advice, the "told you so" attitude didn't help.

How long have you been paying for insurance and never used it?

So it's condescending these days to describe something as a no brainer?

If you can hit a parked car. you can hit somebody on the head. - god forbid.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
It would be interesting to know if the houses were there before the golf course or vice versa. A course I used to belong to has a house behind one of the greens which was regularly hit by golf balls. New owners of the house took the club to court to have them move the green, but as the course was built 150 years ago and the house was only 100 years old, the court ruled that the course was not liable for damage caused to the house as the purchasers should have been aware of the risk.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It would be interesting to know if the houses were there before the golf course or vice versa. A course I used to belong to has a house behind one of the greens which was regularly hit by golf balls. New owners of the house took the club to court to have them move the green, but as the course was built 150 years ago and the house was only 100 years old, the court ruled that the course was not liable for damage caused to the house as the purchasers should have been aware of the risk.

One of my friends actually lives next to the course in question - and his house was definitely built after the golf course, although there are some older properties dotted around - but the club has been there since 1909.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The other policy to consider is your house insurance including a contents policy if you have one.
I have read loads of policies (years ago as part of my job) and I never saw one that did not include public liability.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My old course had this problem.
The court took completely the opposite view and the club 100+ yrs old had to change the layout to protect houses that had just been built.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Kilspindie might benefit from that information.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Being a member of a club in England should cover you for 3rd party (as I understand it - but there again, I may be wrong about that) and put your equipment on house contents. Shouldn't need a separate insurance policy now unless you want to cover for international travel and the hole in one bar bill (in a comp only). For that, a bottle of whisky at the bar usually suffices.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being a member of a club in England should cover you for 3rd party (as I understand it - but there again, I may be wrong about that) and put your equipment on house contents. Shouldn't need a separate insurance policy now unless you want to cover for international travel and the hole in one bar bill (in a comp only). For that, a bottle of whisky at the bar usually suffices.

My home contents insurance only covers articles in transit from home to place of use. It does not cover articles if left in the car at any other time. This includes golf equipment, camera equipment, clothes etc. With my golf policy, my clubs are covered in the car at all times as long as they are out of sight.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
At my old home course, when I was a lad, a par-5 hole passed right by the clubhouse, with a bit of car park between the course boundary and the clubhouse. I had about 100 yards to go and hit a wedge which got caught on the wind and was heading directly for an Audi parked with its windscreen facing us. "Oh poo*, I wonder who owns that Audi", I said. "I do" said the Club Secretary who was playing with me, as we watched the ball fall towards the windscreen. It hit the wind deflector on the wiper blades, the ball flew off one direction, and the wind deflector flew off another, and no further harm done. "My own bloody fault for parking it there", said the Club Sec.

* or words of a similar meaning.

Boomy

Visit site
Anyone use/ recommend thechubb insurance,my Carrick Neil is due for renewal tomorrow ?

I’ve signed up to the Chubb insurance this year. I did some comparisons and it was the best value by far (for the top level cover at £33pa)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Possibly, never had to make a claim with CN so I have no idea how good they are, so if I can get cover at a lower price why not.
your equipment is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, we will pay for new replacement equipment of equivalent value, make and model, provided you have evidence of proof of purchase. Each My Golf Insurance Plan offers a different basis of settlement for Golf Equipment claims, with Par offering new for old on equipment up to 12 months old, Birdie offering new for old on equipment up to 2 years old, and Eagle and Albatross offering new for old on equipment up to 3 years old. If your equipment is older than the new for old limit on your selected plan, the following basis of settlement will be used:-
2 years old: 90% of the purchase price (applicable to Par only)
3 years old: 80% of the purchase price (applicable to Par & Birdie only)
4 years old: 75% of the purchase price (applicable to all plans)
Over 4 years old: 65% of the purchase price (applicable to all plans)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
your equipment is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, we will pay for new replacement equipment of equivalent value, make and model, provided you have evidence of proof of purchase. Each My Golf Insurance Plan offers a different basis of settlement for Golf Equipment claims, with Par offering new for old on equipment up to 12 months old, Birdie offering new for old on equipment up to 2 years old, and Eagle and Albatross offering new for old on equipment up to 3 years old. If your equipment is older than the new for old limit on your selected plan, the following basis of settlement will be used:-
2 years old: 90% of the purchase price (applicable to Par only)
3 years old: 80% of the purchase price (applicable to Par & Birdie only)
4 years old: 75% of the purchase price (applicable to all plans)
Over 4 years old: 65% of the purchase price (applicable to all plans)

So, you have no cover if you don't have proof of purchase?