Golf insurance (accidental damage) claims

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Anyone ever made one?

Had a freak accident today where my grip and glove had moisture on them due to wet conditions. Up I step to drive 7th hole and my driver has slipped out my hands and wrapped around a tree causing it to pretty much self combust into two pieces.

I could probably try it 100 times over and never repeat it but it was definitely a freak of an accident. The 3 lads I was with couldn’t believe how easily it broke.

Now I wouldn’t of been that bothered but it was a Ping G425 which I purchased brand new from American Golf, and as some of you are aware this didn’t come cheap.

Thankfully I do have a very comprehensive golf insurance from ‘thegolfersclub.co.uk’ but reading the T&C’s there’s quite a grey area as to what constitutes as ‘accidental damage’.

Can anyone please advise me if I am likely to be successful when I make a claim.

Thanks in advance

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why would it be an accidental damage claim? Surely it would just be a claim under the golf equipment section.

Looking at the website the accidental damage is for 3rd party claims so it’s not for your gear bit for “3rd parties”

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Why would it be an accidental damage claim? Surely it would just be a claim under the golf equipment section.

Looking at the website the accidental damage is for 3rd party claims so it’s not for your gear bit for “3rd parties”

Not very clued up with it all tbh. So if I just make a claim saying my club broke in two and it should be all good?