Golf club insurance question

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Spoke to someone at the club this morning. He reckoned that as a paying guest, I have the same rights / protection as a member, and the club's insurance should cover it. He asked me to put it in writing, which I have done, fingers crossed!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was playing as a guest yesterday at a tight course surrounded by houses. Pulled a drive left and it hit the roof of a parked car leaving a nasty dent.

Gave my contact details to the owner who is going to get a price to repair it.

The clubhouse was closed so I couldn’t report it to the club, but I was wondering whether this sort of thing is normally covered by the club’s insurance and whether it extends to guests. I’m assuming not, but there is no harm asking!

It depends, golf clubs will have to have public liability insurance, but it will stipulate what it covers. At my play our "range" is next to where cars park, there's trees and a new fence, but that doesn't stop the errant balls now and again - the clubs insurance covers this for any damage to cars. No harm in asking, what's the worst thing they will say, no it doesn't cover you.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spoke to someone at the club this morning. He reckoned that as a paying guest, I have the same rights / protection as a member, and the club's insurance should cover it. He asked me to put it in writing, which I have done, fingers crossed!
That has always been my understanding as well, although thankfully never tested. Good luck.