Golf ball for mid handicapper

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys, currently trying to decide on a go to ball for regular use. Currently playing off 20 and still lose about 1 a round, at a push 2. Did buy around 120 lake balls and im nearly out. Looking for a ball similar in feel to the Bridgestone e6, if anyone has any ideas? Would love to play with the e6. But a bit steep for my budget considering how many I would go through playing 3 or 4 times a week. Looking for something around a quid a ball, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
American Golf are doing good deals on Srixon Trispeed and Taylor Made Rocketballz at the moment. Both perfectly decent golf balls. :)

Last edited:

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Try the Bridgestone Extra Soft... £17.99 a dozen.

Or if you're not a brand snob, there's nothing wrong with the Dunlop NZ9-V3 (£9.99) or the more expensive DP1-V3 (£17.50).

Last edited:

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys, haven't looked at e6 lake balls so that could be an option. Was just looking at brand new e6 price and didn't fancy paying that to say a dozen may last me anywhere between 8 and 12 rounds. Have never hit an ad333 so will look into getting some of those to try out, and loved the rocketballz when I had them previously. Didn't realise they were so cheap.

Thanks for the quick replies and advice guys

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine uses top flite. 😳Anyway he had lost them all so I cleaned up an ad333 I fished out of the lake 10 mins earlier. He could not believe the difference.
it made. Excellent ball.
one I have really been getting on well with over the last month or so is the titleist Nxt. Lovely ball.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would say the Srixon AD333 are the best ones for all around feel and distance, I love them. I have just bought some Vice Pro aswell and will be testing them asap, they arent bad price wise if you buy a shedload.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have used NXT Tours from Titleist for a while now, if you shop around you can pick up a dozen new for as little as £20, or if you are patient you can get Pearl lake balls for as little as 50p each, from an online auction site.
the Srizon Soft feel are are good alternative and can be picked up for about a pound each, (I got 5 dozen for £60 delivered), although it was maybe a while ago.

davie24

Club Champion
Visit site
As 12 handicap player,i do not understand buying new balls at circa 20 quid a dozen.
Most of my purchases in the last year have been via Gumtree or Facebook sellers. Most recent example was 36 Prov1/Prov1x.
Picked up for £13
24 of them were grade A and the rest were pearl grade.

Guvnor2013

Medal Winner
Visit site
I like the Titleist DT SoLo (Soft + Long). New, they're £15/doz at 'Sports Direct'. It's whatever you get confident with and I am pretty sure that the flaws in my game are not because of this ball. Been using it for about 3m, lose about one every two rounds on average. If I win balls, I always get these or swap what I get with my club pro (very accommodating guy but I have spent about £1k with him this year). The only problem with setting my heart on this ball is that I never seem to find any and don't like to hit the (usually quite decent) balls I find.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am not sure that you should buy lake balls, as they sometimes don't seem to fly properly. This may depend on how long they have been in the water, even if they look to be in good condition. OK for complete hackers who don't hit good shots anyway and lose lots of balls I suppose!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Currently using anything in my bag as not playing that great, srixon soft feel & ad333, titieist dt solo and nxt, Wilson dx2 and dx3, Bridgestone e6, Jesus Sunday I even played a few holes with a pinnacle because I'd just found a mint one and needed a provisional

Currently shotting around +13-15 most rounds and can honestly say that the ball is making no difference at all. I won't be going back to my preferred ball until I'm back shooting h/c but with winter looming it's going to be " if it's good condition wack it "