Glove off/on - just time wasting posers?

Traditionalist? Modernist? or a bit of Both?

• Traditionalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modernist

• Foot in Both Bunkers

• Total voters

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends on the weather - if its hot then the glove comes off to prevent the hand getting uncomfortably hot and to avoid the white hand situ mentioned above. In cooler weather usaually stays on from 1 - 18.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
gave up on gloves, could never get one that fit properly or if it did it soon stretched out of shape.

the drawbacks
grips need to be cleaned more frequently,
my bag (Wilson) is a pretty poor design (pockets are cut less than generously) so that in inclement weather when you need extra towels there is nowhere for them.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remove it for short game and putting to give me a better feel.

And when I remove it, I pull a little bit of each finger off then pull it all at once, fasten the velcro and then have it half in half out the back pocket just so I can look like a pro! O no wait, its just the easiest way to have the glove! ;)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
On before shots and off straight after and into the back pocket with fingers hanging out (in good weather obviously). Both my front pockets are full of things like tees/ball markers/pitch repairers/pencils/hankies etc Room for the glove in back pocket so thats what I use , it airs the fingers out too so its not all crumpled up and sweaty.

Cant really see the problem and as for looking like a pro...lol whats that all about??

Putting the glove back on/picking a club/wiind direction etc etc , its all done while my playing partners are playing their shots. Putting a glove on takes 5 seconds at most , its the endless practice swings that slows play up , thats what gets my blood boiling.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remove it for short game and putting to give me a better feel.

And when I remove it, I pull a little bit of each finger off then pull it all at once, fasten the velcro and then have it half in half out the back pocket just so I can look like a pro! O no wait, its just the easiest way to have the glove! ;)

I'm exactly the same. Further to the back pocket thing, why would you put it anywhere else? Front pocket 'screws' the glove up and doesn't keep it flat and I just don't like the idea of velcro tags on bags.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I take mine off for putting and it goes in a pocket, not hanging out.

I have to say that recently I've also been taking it off or at least undoing it between shots.....it's kinda hot in this weather.

It tends to come off as soon as I'm on the green or around the green (unless in a bunker)....never really considered it before :)

I have to say, I do enjoy hitting the green and removing it miles down the fairway whilst watching my partners make a hash of things!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Goes on on the first tee and stays on until I walk off the 18th....only time I take it off is when I want to roll a fag. You ever tried rolling one with a glove on?

Once I've rolled my fag, that is my "trigger" to concentrate on puffing like a good 'un.... ;) ;)

Paul2009

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the winter I play 1st -18th glove on.
Summer I keep the glove on up till putting then put it back on, on the next teebox so to give my hand a nice cooldown. That crap guy putting his glove in his back pocket like a pro sounds a bit of a poser.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine comes off and in the pocket between shots. My hand sweats if I keep it on.

KeefG on the other hand, keeps his on all the time and even changes his car tyres with it on :D

I thought I was tight! He still has the price on his and it's in £ s p :D

big_mean_bunny

Club Champion
Visit site
I take mine off for putting, although until I changed jobs this Jan I used to always wear a glove on each hand for the last couple of years due to working in construction and continually having hands that would tear apart during play

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Glove generally stays on from 1st tee to 18th green.

As a result the left hand is a whiter shade of pale than the right---"Golfers Tan".