Glorious weekend coming: what and where are you playing?

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't wait for the weekend to be here, so wondered what everyone has in prospect golf-wise.

I've got my first-round match in the club scratch matchplay knockout comp.

Really looking forward to this, perhaps more than any other competition in the calendar. For me this is golf at its purest... one on one, no shots, no allowances, just slugging it out shot for shot, then shake hands and a beer afterwards. Can't beat it....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
winter singles knockout semi final - gonna feel strange playing a winter comp looking at the weather forecast lol. playing against one of the good guys at the club, should be fun win or lose :)

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My new golf club are holding a Golf day to celebrate the owners birthday so playing in that. Hopefully meet a few members and hope that my slice has gone from last week or could be quite embarrassing on the first tee.

Looks like great weather for the weekend as well which will nice to play is some sunshine.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing planned. Last but one weekend before my current membership runs out, so I'd like to get out for a game on Sunday afternoon, even just to practice for 9 holes but looking at the diary, there's 3 comps on Sunday! :mad: so I don't know when it will become free. Anyone got any idea what time we're supposed to have light until once the clocks go forward? Might have to leave it until late sunday afternoon

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big weekend for me,

Saturday I am entertaining Full Throttle, Lump and Viscount17 in the Lincolnshire 36 hole challenge. 18 Holes at Stoke Rochford followed by 18 holes at Belton Park. As I can sign them all in I do not think that you can get better value for less than £40 total.

Sunday is the new members team competition at my new club so I get to meet a load of potential playing partner and play in a quick team competition followed by lunch. Really looking forward to that.

Sunday evening I plan to colapse in front of the Tigers v London Irish match.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nothing planned. Last but one weekend before my current membership runs out, so I'd like to get out for a game on Sunday afternoon, even just to practice for 9 holes but looking at the diary, there's 3 comps on Sunday! :mad: so I don't know when it will become free. Anyone got any idea what time we're supposed to have light until once the clocks go forward? Might have to leave it until late sunday afternoon

should be light until 7.30, 7.45 at a push if a really nice day

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing in an open at Windermere, first time I have played here but have been told the views are excellent. Really hoping the weather lives up to the forecast.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
should be light until 7.30, 7.45 at a push if a really nice day

Yea, that was my thoughts, roughly. If I tee off at 4-5pm I should easily get in 12 or 13 holes and worst case, if the main course is busy, I could jump on the par 3 course to practice my short game.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing on Sunday morning in the fourth round of the Gifford Winter Greensomes, with three best scores from five rounds counting. Neillbro and I are top of the leaderboard by 5 points, with a 39, 37 and 40, so hoping to keep our nerves and at least better the 37 we scored. :whistle:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
no golf for me this weekend! but i am going to madjeski stadium for London Irish Vs Leicester! Belated paddys day party, so guinness a plenty!

D

Deleted member 15717

Playing Saturday as a social knock, and then on sunday I have been called up to the club trial match for a county-wide inter-club tournament. Hoping to lay claim to a spot

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Commitments this weekend and off to Japan next week. No golf for me for 4 weeks now........unless I can sneak a round in whilst I'm in Japan.

To be honest, might not be the worst thing, having just played two of my worst rounds ever in the last 7 days. A break may do me good.