Gamesmanship.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly and get a criminal record, a fine, compensation to the guy, and the guy wins the match, better to beat him at golf and show no sign that his bad play is getting to you.

You're right, but not everyone is level headed enough to think like that after 4hours of constant niggling! You only need to piece the wrong person off once!

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I take great pleasure in never knowingly put a competitor off and don't do gamesmanship. I will ask to see a short putt in if I think it's missable, not just because I want to mess with your head.

I played a club team scratch match the other week and it was a laugh from start to finish, just how golf should be IMO.

Last edited:

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
You were giving him 2 foot putts all the way round and he made you make one of 6 inches..? :eek:

Well done for keeping your cool and winning, the guy sounds like a complete tool and I would have probably told him so too after the round.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great story, and very well done on the win, and waiting until after the match to tell him a few home truths.

If Carlsberg did matchplay games.....

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a guy in our fiddle that likes to play games with you while playing in matchplay or even general comps he knows now not to do it with I thought ill give it back after a couple of holes should of seen him played like a idiot an didn't gIve anymore back after about 10 holes of me giving it