Gamers

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No you’re not alone, I remember getting to a level where you just kept going around and around, same enemies wave after wave. It bored the shite out of me so I ditched it and I’ve never played a Halo game since.

I absolutely hated the Library and still do. They certainly learned the lesson of that in subsequent games. Halo 2 was much less frustrating, but it also regressed some of the AI which made the skirmishes less dynamic and fun. I'm of the opinion that The Flood were a cheap trick that didn't work in Halo, I get what the intent was but it looked and felt bad.

No Counter Strike makes this list null and invalid. ;)

Controversially, again personal opinion, a long time ago I decided I just don't enjoy Counter Strike all that much. I 100% respect its rightful influence in the landscape and I've played it for hundreds of hours! It's just not for me.

Swango1980

Visit site
Most of the way through Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS5, what a game, right up there with The Last Of Us titles. Definitely going to get the new Horizon when it’s released.
Anyone else gaming at the minute?
That was excellent when I played it. When I've finished all the PS4 games I have and not yet played, I'll buy the PS5 and the latest Horizon Zero will probably be my 1st purchase (maybe the PS5 will be available by then)

Currently working my way through the Yakuza series and spin offs (on Yakuza 5 now). Then it is Ghost of Tsushima, Assassins Creed Black Flag and several others. I guess my top games on PS4 were:

Fallout series, Assassins Creed Origin, Odyssey and Valhalla The Last of Us 1 and 2, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn and Metal Gear Solid 5

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never been a fan of Metal Gear Solid games. Long and confusing cut scenes put me off, the mechanics are great but the experience overall, not so.

You should enjoy Black Flag, best assasins creed since 2 (not including the more recent ones).

Ghost of Tsushima is basically assassins creed, ancient Japan but so much better.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have decided over the next couple years or so to try and set up a gaming room on the sly..

When the twins move into their bigger room (old master) their nursery will become a spare room for storage and I've said I want a desk in there for the kids to "study" when their older

I reckon get a gaming pc in there and make it a cheeky gaming room lol

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally nabbed a PS5 via a stock alert today, shame it won't be here in time for Elden Ring tomorrow but looking forward to it.

The built in Astro game is an absolute delight. Also, if you missed any of the biger Sony PS4 titles last generation (I missed most of them) then it is would signing up for Playstation Plus as the PS5 collection comes with it and has updated God of War, Days Gone, Last of Us etc on it.

I am in a quandry now, wife away this weekend and so an ideal time to buy a new game to crack on with. Do I gor Elden Ring or Horizon Forbidden West. Think it may be the latter as I have Demon Souls on PS5 and., whilst i enjoy it, I feel it needs a good few hours at a time focusing on it and I suspect Elden Ring will be similar in that regard and it is rare that I get more than hour or so at a time.

Still, God of Way finished (not going to platinum it as too many trophies need me to collect hidden trinkets etc) so on to something new a the weekend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know the feeling, totally rage inducing. I've got a collection of PS4 controllers in different states of disrepair due to the game. That was one of the reasons I stopped as well. I usually don't start playing till wife and kids are in bed and I can be up till the early hours trying to complete an objective, get weekend league games completed etc.

When I didn't get 20, I was still logging into the EA forums, checking Futbin, watching Twitch etc. It was genuinely difficult not to buy 20, must have taken 3 or 4 months before the urge to play the game disappeared. I probably should never have bought 21 as I know it's going to be difficult to kick the habit again when the time comes.
I fired up Fifa 17 again the other day, and had a look at the online seasons. It said there were only around 50 people online, but I managed to get quite a few match-ups! The good thing is all the try-hard people will have moved on to the newer games, so I had some good games and it was a real mix of opponents. Some games I won 6-1 others lost 4-1. Did quite well with Juve, Higuain and Dybala were a beast front two on that game.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The built in Astro game is an absolute delight. Also, if you missed any of the biger Sony PS4 titles last generation (I missed most of them) then it is would signing up for Playstation Plus as the PS5 collection comes with it and has updated God of War, Days Gone, Last of Us etc on it.

I am in a quandry now, wife away this weekend and so an ideal time to buy a new game to crack on with. Do I gor Elden Ring or Horizon Forbidden West. Think it may be the latter as I have Demon Souls on PS5 and., whilst i enjoy it, I feel it needs a good few hours at a time focusing on it and I suspect Elden Ring will be similar in that regard and it is rare that I get more than hour or so at a time.

Yeah I've played all the PS4 titles that they've brought to PS5 so far. I've also got Horizon Forbidden West coming with Elden Ring. No idea how I'm going to find the time to do either of them justice.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I've played all the PS4 titles that they've brought to PS5 so far. I've also got Horizon Forbidden West coming with Elden Ring. No idea how I'm going to find the time to do either of them justice.

I am guessning both are a good 40 plus hours plus

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone seen/played this? Looks like Elite of the future :)

“Star Citizen just absolutely blew me away...”

Buying a thousand medpens is classic ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So am I, ordered today.

Did you go PS4 with the free upgrade? I only got the PS5 disc as someone was selling it locally brand new and still wrapped for the same price as the PS4 disc in shops.
Had maybe half an hour on it earlier, my lord it looks soooo good, I spent most of the time just panning around with the camera ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you go PS4 with the free upgrade? I only got the PS5 disc as someone was selling it locally brand new and still wrapped for the same price as the PS4 disc in shops.
Had maybe half an hour on it earlier, my lord it looks soooo good, I spent most of the time just panning around with the camera ?

Went for the ps5 one for the smaller install. Don't mind for the extra tenner as had enough points at Game to cover the cost. May get a better trade in for it as well when that is finished and I decide to brave elden ring

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Flight simulator guy here.
From way back, but recently I confined myself to Microsoft flight simulator , civilian planes. Favourites are Comets and Tridents.
Got full real scenery for England/Wales. Can identify my house and all the bunkers on my golf course.
Very recently returned to Falcon 4 - flying the F-16. 'Twas a bit hard learning all the weapon systems again and surviving sorties, but damn good fun.
Keeps the grey matter going..

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been looking at getting HFW and Elden Rings but just don’t have the time to invest in 40+ hour games, always seem to end up on Warzone as it quick and easy to get a game and no issues if I need to finish quickly.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

Couple of questions:
1.I have PS5, not played HFW before, is it worth buying the first one and playing that. Only just played the last of us, that's how far behind I am.

2. My son has x box, how dies the subscription thing work, he has been paying his £50 a year, does that get him a couple of free games a month like PlayStation or does he have to pay extra, to have access to them?

Cheers

Midnight...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

Couple of questions:
1.I have PS5, not played HFW before, is it worth buying the first one and playing that. Only just played the last of us, that's how far behind I am.

2. My son has x box, how dies the subscription thing work, he has been paying his £50 a year, does that get him a couple of free games a month like PlayStation or does he have to pay extra, to have access to them?

Cheers

Midnight...

I think on point 2 the £50 a year gets you access to the online storage however for £8 a month think it is you get game pass which you can have access to lots of games all the time

Or for £12 a month (what I pay) you get access to it on Xbox and pc which is great

Don't know about ps5 sorry