Gamers

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most of the way through Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS5, what a game, right up there with The Last Of Us titles. Definitely going to get the new Horizon when it’s released.
Anyone else gaming at the minute?

RichA

Visit site
I'm a child of the 70s and 80s and haven't progressed further than Lode Runner, Mario Bros and the Miner Willy series, albeit now in glorious HD with a Bluetooth controller.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Most of the way through Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS5, what a game, right up there with The Last Of Us titles. Definitely going to get the new Horizon when it’s released.
Anyone else gaming at the minute?
Is the last of us really that good? Got. PS4 for the kids a couple of years back and got The last of us for me coz I'd heard it was good. Played it for an hour or so but was very underwhelmed. Not played it since but that's probably due to lack of time than anything else.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Kind of lost interest in the single player titles, only playing CoD and BF in multiplayer as a quick fix/decompress :)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Since lockdown started I've been on Warzone, it's free and good fun if you get on with mates or others who use their mics to make it a team effort.
I used to play a lot when I was younger, and then got into COD circa 2010 when I bought a PS4, but barely played it since I moved house it 2014 - I gave Warzone a crack right at the start of the first lockdown, mainly as a mate was on his own and wanted something to do, and now I play at least 2-3 times a week, the wife loves the peace & quiet.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, been at it about 90 hours and nearly there, really enjoyed it, it is starting to feel a little repetitive now don’t think I will go onto the bonus content at the moment, will try something different.

I have played first TLOU & thought it was really good and engrossing, wanting to see what happened with the characters as you progressed, I have got the second one it’s just getting time to play it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We recently bought a HDMI cable for my Wii as the little one had found it in a plastic bag in the house. I got a new TV for the London Olympics, it never connected to that before ;-)
We did some Mario Cart but he doesn’t yet have the aptitude for it. I also have Madden and a couple of other games like Sports, monopoly and Olympics.

I had the original Xbox back in the days. I loved the car racing game where you raced through London/NY/Tokyo/San Farancisco (Gotham …) as I recognised a few bits. Also had a great tactical war game (desert something), and of course Madden and FIFA. Mac Payne I hated but bought it based on reviews.
I would like to buy a PS5 but somehow I guess the next available console might be years down the line.

But nothing beats the excitement we got when my brother got his Super Nintendo many years ago. Of course Mario Cart was ace, but F Zero I found groundbreaking. It was like being in the racer and not just watching it on screen. And some wrestling game he loved.

Looking at the timeline I buy a console every 10 years ;-)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Still playing ghost of Tsushima. Keep going back several levels to play stuff I’ve played before. Love it. Couldn’t get into Red Dead…same with Grand Theft…

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Since lockdown started I've been on Warzone, it's free and good fun if you get on with mates or others who use their mics to make it a team effort.
It looks fun if you have mates to squad up with. Found it hit and miss with randoms. Dont like solos.

Also need to have better players with me to do all the load outs/shopping etc as find it a bit too complicated (must be too old :).

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It looks fun if you have mates to squad up with. Found it hit and miss with randoms. Dont like solos.

Also need to have better players with me to do all the load outs/shopping etc as find it a bit too complicated (must be too old :).
Yea, In the beginning I played mostly plunder as the rules were easy, get as much cash as you can and bank it. I didn't like the battle royale games at all but then Rebirth Island (Alcatraz) came along as well as mini Royales and I enjoy them much more as they are over in 20 mins or so, the full map Royales on Verdansk and now Caldera. I'm not a fan of the Pacific theme as it all looks a bit samey and very open to snipers. For all of the games though you do need a team of guys that at least talk to each other, if not you are at a big disadvantage when you down one guy then he relays on your info to his team mates who come in together and wipe you out. My favourite part, or at least the most satisfying part is the second or two of audio you get from the person you just killed, some of the responses are hilarious.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is the last of us really that good? Got. PS4 for the kids a couple of years back and got The last of us for me coz I'd heard it was good. Played it for an hour or so but was very underwhelmed. Not played it since but that's probably due to lack of time than anything else.

I was the same, played it for a couple of hours back in the day and thought to myself "wtf is all the fuss about ".
I revisited it when I got my PS5 and it finally clicked, it's an absolute masterpiece. TLOU2 takes it even further, for me they're the best two games you could buy for a console.