G M forum presentation night!

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The golfing season is over for another year. Has it been one to remember?

Nominate yourself for:

Best nett this season

Best gross this season

biggest handicap decrease over this season

most competition wins

longest stretch of holes par or better in a round

greatest shot of the season

any other suggestions?

When enough people have nominated themselves, i'll work out who's won each category.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to report something good, but sadly, I have to console myself with just finding the clubs again and re-learning how to play half decent. I did manage to get to the 6th hole one under gross, but then peculiarly forgetting how to play and ended up shooting 88! (18 over for the last 12!!!) :cool:

Dave

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well just back and as I alluded to earlier handicap is badly wrong but...... (awaits howls of complaints!)

Best gross score 77 which gave ......

Best net score 52 :D

El Bandito out!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
happyhacker......you went round something like 5 over off 25!

um, um, um.....(don't know what to say)

Dave

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Might already have posted this but my best round this year purely for lack of mistakes was at the Hilton Templepatrick (NI) the day after the ladies had finished the Northern Irish womens open, walking onto the 18th teebox needing a par 4 for a round of +3 (74)
Hit a 4 wood to find the centre of the fairway 30 yards(ish) short of the rather large lake. Wind bellowing across from the right and into my face I counted approx 220 yds plus another few for wind and pin being up the green. One other fella from our fourball had the same net score as myself and had hit a safe second up the right of the lake short of the green so I knew I had to make par at most.
I had the camera with me as it was a presidents day event, anyway, I hit probably one of the best shots under pressure and pretty much exactly where I wanted to put the ball without being unrealistic.
So here is the shot I had left myself after finding the fairway with my teeshot,
DSCF0519.jpg

Then after a practice swing to steady myself, hit it to here,
DSCF0520.jpg

ran the putt up to 1 1/2 feet and walked off the course an extrememy satisfied man, not my lowest round but definately a memorable one as the only mistake I made all day was losing a ball in the rough off the 1st tee.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
My shot of the year was the 16th at the Belfry on the PGA National. Par 4, 326 yards from the our tee (blues) to centre of green and I stuck my drive to 8 feet and pin high.

Missed the eagle putt but I had bragging rights for the full 267 miles home.

I was like a dog with TWO D***S

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
never mind the shot of the year. I've had the most remarkable year ever I have won 3 competitions playing off 2 I came down from 3 not bad going but last night i WON £7310. On our Joker draw. I cant beleive it, so I'm going today to buy myself a new 5 wood, it has to be ping!

I'll say again £7310 all to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah the net 52 did get a few laughs from my regular playing partners. (was my best round of the year though, and got brought back down with a bump yesterday shooting 86! My driving deserted me!)

Course is a Par69 so the 77 was 8 over. Not much difference but I thought I would clarify. I always said my handicap was a load of s**t but I was not in enough medals to really bring it down with half a seasons play.

Now with season finished and winter rules in force it won't move until next year. Should make our winter sweep interesting though!

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been pleased with this years efforts. Handicap has came down from 14 to 11.
Probably more importantly I'm starting to play a bit more consistently.
Looking to get down to 7 or 8 by the end of next season.

So for the winter it's short game, short game, short game!

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
My year.
Handicap down from 13.2 to 9.4
1st palce on captains day
1st place in presidents cup(pairs)
1st place in secretaries knock out (pairs)
2nd place comittee Targe
1st place in may monthly medal
Best shot was Hole in 1 par 3 11th 155 yds.

And the other good part of the year is that i went to pings on friday and got myself kitted out with a whole new bag of goodies.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
My year in brief;
Started playing in January
Broke the ton
Got my first birdies
Played in my first competition (work society) - didn't come last
Won my first match (even if it was a scratch game against a mate)
to come . . .
get an official club handicap

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do number of greens in regulation count?

Had 15 out of 18 at Kingsbarns in August. Unfortunately 36 putts meant a 77 but pretty chuffed with that round.

Best gross this year 73, nett 64. Feel like a donkey compared to nett 52 though!!

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My year in brief.

Joined new club in January (big step up from 5,500yd course to 6,850 of comp whites).

Managed to cut handicap from 14.9 to 12.6
Played 6 representative matches and won them all.
Losing semi of summer singles
Out first round of summer pairs
Highest placing in comp: 2nd in July medal
N/R'd this season only once!
Best gross 77, which not surprisingly was also best net at 64.

Most importantly arranging first GM Forum Society!

simplyme

Head Pro
Visit site
My season:

Best nett this season: 61

Best gross this season: 81

biggest handicap decrease over this season: I only dropped 2

most competition wins: 0

longest stretch of holes par or better in a round: 5

greatest shot of the season: Playing at my old course, Greetham, my partner hit his tee shot about 100 yards on the 18th, I took out a 3 iron, ripped it 230 over water to within ten feet. Anyone that's played the lakes will know the hole!

I have enjoyed a good spell this year, playing under my handicap a fair few times but still finding it difficult to get cut!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
At the weekend I finally achieved my season goal, I finished the round with the same ball that I started with. Not much but a big deal to a beginner like me. Now the aim is to practice over the winter and get my first handicap in April/may when I sign up for my first full membership.

Also aim to get through the January sales without buying any more unnecessary clubs and other tat.I now know how my wife feels with shoes, do not need them but put a sale sticker on it and I have to have it anyway.