Free round at Formby Hall - Britain's Best Putter

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:sbox:how come a comp like this is on a midweek day,TUESDAY !! what about those that work and cant afford to take time off (if can get a day off) its like a lot of comps these days that are held on a THURSDAY are they assuming no one works or are they just for the benefit leaches and retired people ????
Maybe the reason is the weekdays are less busy at courses and avoids upsetting members on a weekend

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm a wildcard, just hope on the day my short stick doesnt let me down

I seem to remember from last years comp that you have to pick and use a putter brought along by sponsors, Callaway.
The memory's not so good these days though, so I could be making it up! :mad:

r11john

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have emailed my details. Just not sure if I am in. How do you know if your name is down to play. Will have to take day off but not sure if I am playing because no one got back to me.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
No, pretty sure you don't.

I think only the overall eventual winner got to keep a custom fitted putter, which is a bit daft since they are by virtue of winning the least in need of one!

I didn't think we would, wishful thinking on my part. To be fair I only entered the other day and it's just up the road from me so just glad to be playing. Particularly given it's a freebie!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
last year you had to use an Odyssey putter, if you had one yourself you could use that. The qualifiers for the grand final did get a putter.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm down for this and looking forward to playing formby hall again, the last time we played it was in torrential rain.

Hopefully the weather is kind to us

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I'm down for this and looking forward to playing formby hall again, the last time we played it was in torrential rain.

Hopefully the weather is kind to us

Forecast for the afternoon is rain, I hope I can use my own putter, took me ages to get used to it. If not hope there is something very similar and short, mine is only 31"

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I'm hoping to get there for 9, see you guys there. Be nice to have a knock with a few folks off here.

BTW I don't mind a chuckle nor a snigger, but I do not like a full on guffaw at my tee shots. lol