Foursomes Comps

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate is interested in playing more Foursomes games, are there any National foursomes comps?

i couldn't see any only 4BBB.

D

Deleted member 23270

Try typing 'foursomes' into the search box on golfempire ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
could only see Daily Mail Foursomes , which closed 31st Jan and details were thin on the ground other than enter via your club...

there was also Golf in Scotland matchplay but didn't say which format

D

Deleted member 23270

There were several events in Scotland when I tried it earlier.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Royal Dornoch do a foursomes every year.

Most frustrating pointless game in golf. I detest it, find it extremely difficult to get into any sort of rhythm or stride. I can just about handle greensomes as you at least both get to drive and it feels as you play more and take part in the game.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
could only see Daily Mail Foursomes , which closed 31st Jan and details were thin on the ground other than enter via your club...

there was also Golf in Scotland matchplay but didn't say which format

Daily Mail Foursomes/Mail on Sunday

Each club holds a knockout competition and the winners represent the club.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Most frustrating pointless game in golf. I detest it, find it extremely difficult to get into any sort of rhythm or stride. I can just about handle greensomes as you at least both get to drive and it feels as you play more and take part in the game.
I think he was thinking more a knock out comp, but could do that esp as he's a member at Dornoch, i know they do a mixed but not seen a FSM on there before

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My mate is interested in playing more Foursomes games, are there any National foursomes comps?

i couldn't see any only 4BBB.

You might find a few more greensomes than foursomes. Certainly in our area it's more common. Like foursomes but everyone hits tee shots so that's why I think it's more popular for opens as it's more than half a game.

Edit
Correcting autocorrect

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You might find a few more greensomes than foursomes. Certainly in our area it's more common. Like foursomes but everyone hits tee shots so that's why I think it's more popular for opens as it's more than half a game.

Edit
Correcting autocorrect
we won the Kings one, i was a RU at Nairn and he won at Dornoch, so was keen to try a national.. he seems to think foursome suits the lower handicaps where the greensomes is a bit more forgiving for the Higher... thats his theory anyway. GS too much buggering around TBH, one ball quicker... or should be;)

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
we won the Kings one, i was a RU at Nairn and he won at Dornoch, so was keen to try a national.. he seems to think foursome suits the lower handicaps where the greensomes is a bit more forgiving for the Higher... thats his theory anyway. GS too much buggering around TBH, one ball quicker... or should be;)

The greensomes are generally won by mixed teams as the advantages on certain tees with 1 set of indexes can make a mockery of the event. We would place in the mens section but not overall.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Horses for courses I guess, as foursomes is one of my favourites being a real challenge and test of patience, forgiveness and acceptance for each individual - and where you have to consider the strengths and weaknesses of your partner when it’s your turn to play. But not everyday - and would never want to have to play it the default playing format.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Foursomes golf - the worst game ever!
My experience is that playing a lot of scratch foursomes matches in the past has made me better at coping with the bad breaks I get and mistakes I make in all other formats. And I have found that there is great satisfaction when the two of you really meld successfully in a foursomes match - more so than 4BBB. Not such a fan of foursomes in other than a match format.