Threes or fours in comps

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We are having a Masters style par 3 competition on Wednesday evening that is going to be 6 balls. Technically will be 3 but playing foursomes so out as a 6😃 Should be good fun

wjemather

Visit site
Groups of 4 except for club championships and monthly medals (in summer), which are in groups of 3.
Almost all other regular comps (Stableford and Maximum Score) are played from the yellow tees for men, or winter tees.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Always 4s for us on both courses. not usually too much of a problem unless a lot of lost balls happen then it can be slow. if you want to run round go out at 7am otherwise accept that a 4 hour round is on the cards.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you NR too many times at our club, you'd be banned from comps.
You can NR a hole but play the rest of the round okay. You would be out of the comp but the round would still count for h/c purposes. That should not get you banned as the ban, I suspect, is there to stop people trying to protect their h/c.

simsini

Visit site
You can NR a hole but play the rest of the round okay. You would be out of the comp but the round would still count for h/c purposes. That should not get you banned as the ban, I suspect, is there to stop people trying to protect their h/c.
The ban I think is if you consistently don't put a card in.