Four Putts!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Me, no, and dont let anyone here tell you different 😤😤
You mean the plaque beside the green lies ?:whistle:

I five putted the 4th at Royal St Georges, after hitting one of the hardest par fours in two.:oops: Not a seven putt as Slasher would have some believe.:mad:

Four and five putted our 18th a few times, but it is a tricky green.:whistle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I five putted in a medal last year, that was bad. Left it above the whole in a dumb spot putting downhill (which at Lancaster is a massive no-no), raced it past, missed the one coming back, ran the 3rd 3ft past, nonchalantly tried to tap it in- missed, and knocked in the 5th. Wasn't my finest hour, turns out they add up quick.

D

Deleted member 21258

Had plenty sadly!

Worst day was on iirc Captains day and was just recovering from illness, really should have been in bed. Had the shakes, think I must of 3 putt or worse probably half the greens and think I may have 5 putt one of the greens. Entertaining day:D

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
i cant remember, but i guess so. My last club had a green where it was very easy to hit your putt off the green and have a 30 odd yard chip back up the hill , I have seen a few 2 putt it off and chip back on and 3 putt! If the pin was front i'd always be happy to under club a little and if it landed short take my chance of getting up and down rather than putt back down the hill knowing a little to hard and your off the green

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen a Forumer 5 putt from 8ft on the 5th at Gainsborough's Karston Lakes course. I won't mention his name but he did say something like Life Is Good as he came off the green - at least I think that's what he said :unsure:

To be fair though, that putt was a tough read ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had one the other week on the par 3 3rd at Nairn Dunbar, 10 ft away for the first one... i do have to take the positives though, i did get closer after every putt;)

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
4 Putted twice since the early days of being a junior newbie.

First was at I think it was the Vale Resort in Wales.

They have a green there which is ridiculously huge, the pin was as far left as possible and I blocked my shot into the green which was about an inch onto the green having painfully spun back off the fringe. I had honestly about 50 yards to the pin, never swung a putter so hard, ended up getting within about 10 foot and somehow managed to 3 putt from there as i raced my next shot past too which I blame on using my putter as thors hammer on the first putt.

The second was on the par 17th at one of the courses I'm a member on. I don't recall the event but the concept was that the Greenskeepers chose the stupidest and most infuriating pin positions available. They also double cut the greens and it was the height of summer. I had a 6 foot downhill putt which I tried to lag and it just wouldn't stop, straight off the green. Used my putter up the hill to try and just get on the green as there was only about 2 foot to work with and it tricked back to me, managed to 2 putt from there and honestly almost 5 putted. Someone 6 putted that green on the same day, hilarious and frustrating.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
My first captains day, bit nervous, drove the front of 2nd green (short par 4), felt like the big lad and took no notice as FCs talked about the 'captains day pin positions which meant nothing to me. First putt well short of making the top tier, came back and past me. Put more welly into the next one, reached the crest on the turn and came back again. Was told to make sure to get the next one up the hill. I did not. Next one made it up the hill and off the green. Embarrassing. Made a 7 having driven the green.

D

Deleted member 25172

4-putted in last weeks medal and followed it up by missing a putt from about 4 inches on the next hole. Great day, great memories.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not hard to 4 putt on sloped greens in the height of summer if the greenkeeper wants to have some fun. Cut them razor sharp, put the pin somewhere funky and sit back and watch the chaos.

If the greens are flat and slow to normal then there is a level of shame involved, and yes I have been there although not for some time. Greens as described above, no shame in a 4 putt.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
4 Putted twice since the early days of being a junior newbie.

First was at I think it was the Vale Resort in Wales.

They have a green there which is ridiculously huge, the pin was as far left as possible and I blocked my shot into the green which was about an inch onto the green having painfully spun back off the fringe. I had honestly about 50 yards to the pin, never swung a putter so hard, ended up getting within about 10 foot and somehow managed to 3 putt from there as i raced my next shot past too which I blame on using my putter as thors hammer on the first putt.

The second was on the par 17th at one of the courses I'm a member on. I don't recall the event but the concept was that the Greenskeepers chose the stupidest and most infuriating pin positions available. They also double cut the greens and it was the height of summer. I had a 6 foot downhill putt which I tried to lag and it just wouldn't stop, straight off the green. Used my putter up the hill to try and just get on the green as there was only about 2 foot to work with and it tricked back to me, managed to 2 putt from there and honestly almost 5 putted. Someone 6 putted that green on the same day, hilarious and frustrating.
Lucky for you that second one shouldn't count as a four putt since the second one was from off the green. Right?