Four Putts!

NearHull

Visit site
Tiger’s four putt last week brought back some memories. When I first started playing many years ago on a small nine hole course squeezed in on a RAF base in Germany, a friend and I hit the green on the opening par 3. Very unusual for either of us. As we were both playing off high twenties we were extremely pleased with our efforts and proudly carried our Mcgregor’s to the green. Five minutes later we halved the hole in 5. I’m sure I have four putted many times since, but this one does stick in the memory. Anyone else prepared to confess to the four putt - or has anyone ever done worse?

Dannyc

Visit site
Yes mate 🙈
Playing team golf last season opening par 3 hole bout 190 yards I hit the green from the tee the other lads all missed the green by the time it was my putt I had 2 for the win I just tried roll it up left it bout 6ft short then raced one past then unbelievably missed the half coming back my head was batteread my mate and playing partner just looked at me and said u need sort your putting out 😂
It was embarrassing but it made me go sort it out did me a favour in the long run

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did it once on a tough green where the hole was on the edge of a ridge. First putt went past and down about 30 feet from having only just missed. Cost me a double bogey.

I'll always remember it as that was the round when I shot a gross 28 on the back nine including a hole-in-one :):)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tiger’s four putt last week brought back some memories. When I first started playing many years ago on a small nine hole course squeezed in on a RAF base in Germany, a friend and I hit the green on the opening par 3. Very unusual for either of us. As we were both playing off high twenties we were extremely pleased with our efforts and proudly carried our Mcgregor’s to the green. Five minutes later we halved the hole in 5. I’m sure I have four putted many times since, but this one does stick in the memory. Anyone else prepared to confess to the four putt - or has anyone ever done worse?

Laarbruch or Gatow?
I'm guessing Laarbruch

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Yep, few times, but the one that always sticks, is a four putt in my first medal. Short opening par 4, good drive, 40 yard pitch onto the green, walk off with a 6. Gutted!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the first hole on the first day of the club championship one year, as the 'head greenkeeper'/owners son was a junior and not a club member he was told he couldn't play, he basically waxed the area between the cup and the pond so when I left my approach about 6ft away above the hole.......

I seem to remember my final score was an 8 so I must've taken at least 5 from 6ft away! On the positive side I didn't have the worst score on that hole that day, and I think they let him play the following year.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its so easy done though, you start with a long 40/50 footer and its well under-hit leaving it 10 or 12 ft short, over-hit the next one (because you just left one soooo short) & it goes 4 ft past, now the nerves kick in cos you know a miss gives you a 4-putt so that's all you're thinking about... so that's exactly what happens!

No I've never had one :devilish:

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Once that I can remember. Hit the lip on a downhill sloping green and bounced out. Went from about an 8 footer to about 30 for my second one!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My mate four putted the first green at Royal Portrush much to my delight as he was in all honesty a much better putter than I was at that time.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I five putted in a medal last year, that was bad. Left it above the whole in a dumb spot putting downhill (which at Lancaster is a massive no-no), raced it past, missed the one coming back, ran the 3rd 3ft past, nonchalantly tried to tap it in- missed, and knocked in the 5th. Wasn't my finest hour, turns out they add up quick.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’ve done it twice in an Open comp on the same hole a year apart at Beedles Lake with @Lincoln Quaker as a partner. Longish par 4 and been on in 2 with maybe 20 feet left on both occasions.
Glyn was super supportive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did one last weekend. I was absolutely livid. A tricky par 3, 6 iron length, I made the right hand side of the green which I was very happy about as I often don't on that hole. Had an extremely long putt, with a bit of a downhill ridge which I thought would take it to the hole, but I grossly underhit it and the ridge didn't do anything, left me still about 15 feet short. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake, I gave it more beans and promptly put it 8 feet past. Missed the one back by a centimetre. A green in regulation, but a double bogey on the card. Not a regular occurrence for me either, because my lag putting is normally good (better than my actual 'holeable' putts, for want of a better term) so I normally put myself near enough to three-putt at worst. Just had a horror show of misjudgement there.