Forum Footjoy Shoe Test

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I was one of the lucky pair who went to West Hill yesterday for a shoe fitting for the new Footjoy Tour S.

Good to meet Jake from GM and Ben from FJ.... and Paul (Pieman)... thanks for getting in the coffee and breakfast, very much appreciated.

We started off with Ben giving us an overview of what's different about the Tour S. To be honest, I smile when someone uses the phrase "shoe technology" but I guess that's as good a way of describing it as any! Then out with the foot measurer... I smiled at that too as I've been wearing 8.5 M in FJ since balata balls were in use! One went a pair of sed size and they were great. Ben pulled a face and said I think you need an 8. On went that size and they were fine too... but they supported my feet better. Lesson 1: when your pro offers a fitting - take it. Paul and I both ended up in half size less than we expected.

Out onto the course for some photos for the magazine. We walked to the 18th tee, pics, (hit one tee shot... down the middle (honest!) then over to the half way hut, (two old boys playing the course didn't believe Pieman and I were models!!) more pics, then up another fairway.... more pics, then back to the clubhouse. So, quite a bit of walking and the shoes felt great straight from the box ....

Overall.... I think they are miles lighter than the Dryjoys I've had on all Winter. White with a blue stripe look really good. Great stability, but the shoe looks "sleek" - not like the mini-boats of (Addidas!) and some others. They felt really good- hope to play tonight to see how they are for a full round...

So, very impressed with them. Very comfortable and look really good. One eyebrow raised at a price north of £200 if I am honest, but will have a better view of how that feels after a couple of rounds.

So, huge thanks to GM and FJ for the morning and the shoes. Would loved to have stayed to play West Hill again, but work beckoned! Such is life!

D

Deleted member 16999

Funny you mentioned your shoe sizes, there was a thread on here a while back were some mentioned their normal FJ size was coming up big in new FJ shoes.
Sounds like you had a great day :thup:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice review! Yeah I got mine measured by FJ and I too wear a half size less than a normal shoe. Sounds like a good day out :thup:

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
excellent write up and look forward to hearing how you get on with them over the next few weeks.

Interesting on the shoe size. I have a number of pairs of FJ shoes, all in size 9 - apart from my favourite old FJ classics that were fitted at 8.5. Fitting is always worth it!

D

Deleted member 1418

Great write up Ian; and good to meet you yesterday.

All I will add to Ian's write up is that so far I have been very impressed with the Tour S (managed to squeeze in a few holes yesterday evening before the rain came) but will be playing more over the next few days, including 18 holes on both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully even more positive things to say about them after those!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Great write up Ian; and good to meet you yesterday.

All I will add to Ian's write up is that so far I have been very impressed with the Tour S (managed to squeeze in a few holes yesterday evening before the rain came) but will be playing more over the next few days, including 18 holes on both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully even more positive things to say about them after those!

..and you... and we'll have to sort out a game if I spend a weekend with my relations near you!

Definitely!

Can you two get a room please! :D

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Also interested in the durability of these. There a nice looking shoe and I’m sure they’ll be comfy enough but I’m not sure I can justify the price tag